GSR EG swap help please!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arf4n

so i fitted a b18c4 along with a s21 gearbox but the are a few problems;

1) when starting up cold, the revs sit at just under 1k. Isnt it meant to be higher when cold - what the fitv does? but the engine doesnt have a fitv

2) when starting up warm, the revs jump between 300 to 700, so not they're not consistant

3) sometimes when pulling up and/or slowing for a junction it just turns completely off
4) oil pressure light stays on but goes off when i give it a slight rev, could this be because of using a D16Z6 vtec solenoid?

please help me :(

Irractic idle, i.e jumping 300 to 700 rpm can be caused by a vacuum leak, check the hoses on your IM just to be sure.

The reason the oil light goes out when you rev it is b/c the oil pressure will increse with engine rpm, but your oil light should never really be on while driving anyway. You should make sure you have enough oil in first, but see if you can get a mechanical oil pressure guage on there to check your oil pressure b/c that light really shouldn't be on.

Back