gsr gates timing belt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zap45

i got the timing belt installed looks good fits perfect but on the bottom it kinda rub against the crank gear maybe by an hair. Will i be ok with this?

I don't see anything really wrong with it. You should have seen how mine rubbed against the timing belt bracket when we were putting it in. :ph34r: After installing it we checked it out and the Y7 has not had any problems with it at all. Best of luck to you my friend.

That belt will not mess with any of your other belts if that is what you are asking.

ok we installed a new water pull with an added tooth on the water gear and now the timing has a extreme tight fit any way to get it on there or which water pump can we use?

when putting a new belt or pump on what you need to do is loosen the bolt that holds the tensioner in place, then press it as far down as it will go (which will loosen the belt,) and then tighten it in that position. then remove and replace the old stuff. once you got the new items on, loosen that bolt again and double check your timing marks. then turn the crank counterclockwise, just about a quarter of a turn is fine, but dont release tension on the crank. that will let the tensioner take up all the slack in the belt. tighten the bolt, then recheck timing.

Back