GSR in EJ8 questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FyReo3

I think I am thinking about this too hard, but here we go...

I am about to purchase a GSR swap for my 99 EX, but having a difficult time with the pros and cons between OBD. OBDI is $1000 cheaper, but is it worth it?

What all is required for me to change to run an OBDI GSR vs. OBDII?

I am currently running a D16Y8 with a chipped ECU (OBDI of course) with a harness. How much of the harness will I have to change?

Thanks for any help.

It would be a lot easier for you to run the motor as an obd2b motor. You could sell the obd1 parts to fund it.

You need :::

- obd2b vtec distributor
- obd2b injectors

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Jan 31 2005, 10:19 PM
Also with those parts you can continue to your conversion harness and your obd1 ecu
[post=454257]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for reply....

I am currently running RC 440's, so injectors are not a problem.

....I guess my D16 distibutor will not work either?

Originally posted by FyReo3+Jan 31 2005, 11:54 PM-->
projectxspeed
@Jan 31 2005, 10:19 PM
Also with those parts you can continue to your conversion harness and your obd1 ecu
[post=454257]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for reply....

I am currently running RC 440's, so injectors are not a problem.

....I guess my D16 distibutor will not work either?
[post=454310]Quoted post[/post]​

the injectors will work the dizzy will work if you feel like cutting the feet off of it and hacking it to fit you are better off just gettting the right one get the dizzy that matches your obd in your car

Gotcha..... yeah I was kinda joking about the dizzy question.

What wiring will I have to change due to connectors and such, if buy an OBDI motor?

This motor is going straight to the machine shop when I get it for a full build, and I just want to be prepared for the wiring issues for which I know nothing about.

i did the same set up i have a EJ8 also but obd2a and i have an obd1 motor with an obd1 ecu with a jumper harness i have learned that obd2 is much harder to play with!

Back