GSR intake manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RED_95_GSR

i was looking at the edelbrock site and it says that the victor x makes gain from 7k to 10k and that the performer x makes gains from 3k to 8k.

since i plan to run nitrous i was looking into the victor x because it comes with four additional bosses for a direct port kit.

but, since the cams i am using only make power to 8500 would i see more of an increase in power and torque with the performer x?

If you can't rev to 10k you won't make power at 10k.
The performer x seems like a much better deal for you, because it makes power where you can use it.

Originally posted by RED_95_GSR@Jan 9 2005, 01:28 PM
i was looking at the edelbrock site and it says that the victor x makes gain from 7k to 10k and that the performer x makes gains from 3k to 8k.

since i plan to run nitrous i was looking into the victor x because it comes with four additional bosses for a direct port kit.

but, since the cams i am using only make power to 8500 would i see more of an increase in power and torque with the performer x?
[post=443338]Quoted post[/post]​

If you're planning on using Nitrous, stick with the stock manifold and get the NOS plate system.

f02040NOS.jpg

just to let you knwo my boy has one of those in his crx and it is big. it takes up alot of room just to let u know

i wasnt buying the im just to use the nitrous, i also wanted better flow.............even if i did use the plate kit wouldnt the motor still flow better with the aftermarket im?

can you use the NOS nitrous controller with the plate kit? what are the advantages of the plate kit a regular direct port kit?

Better flow is a matter of opinion.

If you want more top end and less torque, get a single runner intake manifold.

If you want to keep your power, and add nitrous, use the OEM intake manifold.

You can use a nitrous controller with any setup.

Plate kit is an easier install, no drilling, no tapping, no leaks.

Everything you need is in the kit.

i think your going to lose power with any aftermarket intake manifold on any stock car, even in an all-motor application you need a bunch of power to accomadate the thing.

I think the only good application where it should be used it in a FI setup.

thanks for the help.....................i think ill just stick with the oem im and get the plate kit

would ther be any gain in haveing the oem im ported?

Back