Gsr into vx questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
2 easy swap questions. i have a 92 vx.
1. why would i want an obd-2 gsr swap instead of the 94-95. the only reason i can see is milage?
2. if i buy a whole integra at the auction, is there anything i will need for the swap that i can't get off the integra?

the radiator hoses might not work?? (pretty sure you need del sol VTEC hoses) :shrug2:

still gunna need to do something about an ECU

You most definitely need Del Sol VTEC hoses. You're also going to want a Del Sol VTEC radiator because that VX cracker-sized radiator overheats like a motherfucker, trust me. I removed my AC when I did the swap so I just used the radiator from an Accord EX. That thing cools like no other.

my biggest concerns were the linkage and mounts, can i use those from the gs.? are the vtec hoses from a del sol a 100% necessity? what about the radiator from the gsr? i wanted to keep my ac.

Originally posted by get_nick@Feb 1 2004, 05:04 PM
my biggest concerns were the linkage and mounts, can i use those from the gs.? are the vtec hoses from a del sol a 100% necessity? what about the radiator from the gsr? i wanted to keep my ac.

You can absolutely use the linkage and mounts from the GSR, or any other 94-01 teggy. If you want to keep A/C, you will have to get either a Del Sol VTEC radiator or a Koyo/Fluidyne aftermarket piece because the GSR radiator won't fit and the VX radiator will not be able to cool the B18C effectively.

The DSV hoses aren't exactly a necessity, but they fit perfectly and are pretty cheap, even at the Honda dealership.

if your in a cold climate right now, the stock radaitor is fine for the time being. For the hoes, you need the sol VTEC, however, right now I am just running GSR's with screw drive clamps. They leak a little bit, but they are alright for right now.

With the mounts, you use all of your rubber mounts (you have 3 of them) and then the metal brackets and top mounts, you use the GSR's

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Feb 2 2004, 02:23 AM
and the VX radiator will not be able to cool the B18C effectively.

<cough>bullshit</cough>

I ran a VX radiator for some time, and NEVER had a problem with over heating. Make sure your thermostat, and fanswitch are in working order and you're fine.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 2 2004, 10:35 AM
if your in a cold climate right now, the stock radaitor is fine for the time being. For the hoes, you need the sol VTEC, however, right now I am just running GSR's with screw drive clamps. They leak a little bit, but they are alright for right now.

With the mounts, you use all of your rubber mounts (you have 3 of them) and then the metal brackets and top mounts, you use the GSR's

so what's the deal? i don't need to buy a mount kit, it will just bolt in to the d15 side mounts, and i just use the rear mount from the gsr? and i use the axles and linkage and all that from the gsr, and just splice the one wire from the o2 sensor? what about the del sol vtec hose? do i just ask the parts dealer for one and they will know what i mean? this is going to be fun

The VX radiator is fine. I drive my car very hard and the temp gauge stays right where it should be. Use the GSR radiator hoses and clamp them tightly. You will need to buy nothing if you have a complete GSR parts car. Stay with an obd1 motor. All you have to do is move 3 wires and your wiring is done. (See my sig. for instructions). If you want to keep your ac. get the delsol dohc vtec ac bracket (stamped P54). If you need any help at all email me. I did my b18c1 swap into my vx with no help at all. dwnthehatch@yahoo.com

Back