Gsr Or H22-a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

auggiereg

i have a 95 dx with a d15. i am thinking of doing a swap but am hearing good things about the gsr engines and the h22-a1 engines from 93-95 prelude si model. what should i do :blink: ? what would be more worth the money and by the way how much would either one cost. it would be a big help. also i am thiking of getting and msd sci-l ignition. is it worth it for $279. heard it improves gas mileage, hp, and some tourque. what do you think. :worthy:

There are a lot of battles between h22 and b-series into a civic. Please search. :) The stock ignition is good for 375-400whp and 10K rpm's. So, no, no need for it.

The lude Si is the h23, i believe the lude VTEC is the h22. Just so you know.

GSR to drop it in, minimum, if done yourself. Around 4K.. 3200 for swap, teg mounts another 120 bucks, lil shit 200-300, 200-250 shipping.

H22 to get it in... mounts = 450-500, shifter box and mods = 250 or so. motor is 2200-2500. Need an assorment of axles. etc. ARound 4-5k. Depends. :)

If you are going for a drag car/street racer, but dont mind grandma driving around town (unless you hook up the suspension good also), then go for the h22.

If you are into driving stupidly around town, autox, drag, street racing, etc. Then the b-series is a better balance.

I asked a shop head that works at a shop and he said the H22A is to heavy for a civic and should be used only as a Dragster and it would do bad around turns

So ide for the gsr

my 2 cents

what car does the gsr engine come from and why is it such an awesome engine?

the gsr motor comes from a Acura Integra. And its a dohc vtec y0! its all a matter of opinion. Im a H-series whore, thats why i said the h22.

If you are drag racing, go h22. b18 for autoX. Some accords can autoX b/c they have 2 extra doors and are longer to counter the weight.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Mar 22 2003, 10:00 PM
If you are drag racing, go h22. b18 for autoX. Some accords can autoX b/c they have 2 extra doors and are longer to counter the weight.

drag or autox i would go with the gsr motor h22 is a lot of work it sounds good because ogf the hp and tq but there is alot of problems that come along like the weight of the motor being to heavy might have some problems with the ecu and wiring.....i have a friend with a h22 in a hatchback and he is all ways breaking axles :ph34r:

other than less weight than the h22, what makes the gsr's so special? i hear alot about them, what sets them apart from other b series engines?

they have crank girdle stock, and displace more than a b16
and cost less than an itr

No one is ever going to figure out which one is better they both have pros and cons.
so just go with whats in ur wallet and what u think is right.

The H22A might have more pwr stock but it might not have as much parts, or after parts readaly available as the B18C gsr.

Strictly drag=H22

Daily Driven but still fast=GSR (B18C1)

you put it together.

Peace*

just wondering, what does the first initial mean in an engine, ie., d b h
and do the final characters indicate the type of transmission?

b= series
18 = displacement
c = head
1 = version of the head

the tranny has nothing to do with the block code

Is a H22A in a Civic is really that bad for a daily driven car?
I mean, it must not be that bad? Not at a point of driving like grandman when your on the normal road?

If you have strut bars and lowered suspension, everything must be really fine? No?

How much is the weight of a Stock 1997 Civic HB motor? And how much is the weight of a Stock H22A JDM engine?

Back