1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSR Skunk 2 Manifold?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Harms Way, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way Senior Member

Does anyone have any first-hand experience with putting a skunk 2 manifold on a GSR? I am very interested in doing this to my 2000 GSR. I can get one from eBay new in box for $200 shipped. My friend and I did the swap on a D16Y8 motor. Are there any down falls? What about the wiring/fuel rail? Will everything line back up good?

I have been doing a little research and from what I have found, people are saying that the stock GSR manifold restricts air due to it's up-side-down design. Will I still be able to put an after market intake on it and have it line up correctly?

Thanks in advance!
  2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator

Media:
    you'll get a CEL
  3. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    no you wont. ive done the swap. if you do it right everything will be fine. but id suggest re-tuning your engine afterwards. you dont HAVE to, but you will maximize the power youll get if you do.

you will have to use longer studs for the fuel rail, or use bolts. and you may have to use some washers to space the fuel rail as the old spacers will be too thick.
  4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

... or just get an ITR/b16 fuel rail.

don't forget the throttle cable too.
  5. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard

Media:
    Albums:
    hmm, i thought you would get a CEL also...so what happens to the IAB's? Well, I mean the sensor at least so you don't get a CEL...does Skunk2 provide you with something?
  6. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    IAB ceases to function as they no longer exist. they are controlled by the ecu, but it wont throw a cel if they arent there.
  7. TheManRSW

TheManRSW TheManRSW

I put a skunk 2 proseries intake manifold on my J-spec b16. Runs great...everything lined up except the fuel rail studs...had to use a thinner washer (hard rubber or plastic). I love it. I lost a little low end...but that thing sings at around 4-5 grand.
  8. TheManRSW

TheManRSW TheManRSW