gsr swap in 92 cx hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blubyeu

what year gsr motor is the easyiest to drop into a 92 cx hatch and is it plug & play if u got the right stuff? thanxs

obd1, but odb2 is pretty much the same with minor differences such as the ecu.

pretty straighforward swap.

IMHO I would go with an obd2 gsr simply because it is newer and will have less mileage. The obd conversion is a piece of cake and def. worth the lower mileage. The only things you have to worry about are the alt, dist, and injectors. Either get the obd1 parts or simply change the plugs on your harness. Just my $0.02.

if you have a 92-95 civic, regardless of trim (ex,lx,cx,dx,vx), you can drop in a obd2 or obd2b b18c motor with no problem. The connectors are the same. ALL you have to do is "reverse" 2 wires for the "Intake Air Bypass" and wire your car up for VTEC (if your car doesnt have vtec).. you dont have to mess with anything else..

i just finished the OBD I swap- it's really super straight foward, and although you might find an OBD 2 motor with lowers miles, you'll probably save a couple bucks going OBD I, not 100% sure though- but either way, it's really a piece of cake

Back