GSR swap into EJ8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ruskisky

Looking to possibly swap a GSR into my EJ8.

Been searching online but haven't really found simple/definitive answers to questions that I have:

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30009

In addition to getting that, do I just need motor mounts and a new radiator, hoses, and replace things such as the belt?

Also, I think this GSR swap would be ODB1 where as my current is ODB2, does that mean I have to buy/find a ODB2 ? or what?

I'll be using this website as a guide and pretty much my friend for the swap

B18C1 Motor Swap Guide - Honda, Acura Tech Website, tutorials, tuning and HOW-TO's. Drag racing, street racing, road racing - C-speedracing.com

Well I'm no expert but I just did this swap to my EM1. If you want to use the gsr's i.m. you should get the obd2a jdm ecu. It doesn't look for the second o2 sensor, vtec oil pressure switch, and crank fluctuation sensor. You'll probably need a conversion harness too. I don't know if your car is obd2a or 2b offhand. Ask Steve his opinion of what you need and he will tell you. I did this and my swap is running perfect with no engine light. I did change my timing belt, tensioner, water pump, dizzy cap, rotor as per hmotors start up warranty. Your choice. These things didn't even look like they needed changing. I had to change the driver's side mount bracket for my b16 one. I didn't have to buy hoses. I think you do. I would check to see if you should get a bigger radiator too. You will have to buy belts for the b18c. Good luck on your swap. I love mine. If you have more questions, just ask.

Oh yeah, I bought a new fuel filter, gsr throttle cable, and fuel line. The fuel return line was like an inch too short. I asked Steve if the throttle cable bracket came with my block. He made sure one did. The intake temp sensor is different on the gsr and the one I had. Probably be for yours too. You will have to switch them out on your harnesses, no big deal.

Back