gsr torque vs. golf torque

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arroshiz

aight heres the story, some guy with a 94 golf gl with 115 hp and like 135ft/lbs torque thinks he can beat my 92 hatch with b17a1 in it, just cause he has more torque than i do, and i've driven that car, and its slow, plus he doesnt understand that my transmission is short geared, the ys1...anybody have any evidence that i can show him besides racing him right this moment to prove that i would own his sorry golf

Originally posted by arroshiz@Dec 6 2004, 11:20 PM
aight heres the story, some guy with a 94 golf gl with 115 hp and like 135ft/lbs torque thinks he can beat my 92 hatch with b17a1 in it, just cause he has more torque than i do, and i've driven that car, and its slow, plus he doesnt understand that my transmission is short geared, the ys1...anybody have any evidence that i can show him besides racing him right this moment to prove that i would own his sorry golf
[post=427403]Quoted post[/post]​

his golf doesn't have that much torque...i know...i just bought a newer one in sept. the only cars i've been able to beat are EX's with basic bolt ons and stock LS's...you should be able to take him. that is unless he let's you win ;) :p

it has 115 hp and 122 ft lbs torque. I got my ass spanked by a turbo Jetta though. 180 hp/180 ft lbs

vdubs are the shit, i would trade all my hondas for one of those new r32. :drool:

Seriously, a nice GTI VR6 is just a nice little hatch, even the jetta is decent.

You'll probably win against a base model, but anything more and you'll loose horribly. I was playin around with a 1.8t a while back on the highway with the 944....I don't think he could drive, cause the porsche was a little slow.

That really won't even be much of a race, you'll hammer him, not barely, but badly.

no doubt the vr6 makes power but in my experiences or rather my two friends, one is on this third vr6. all he did to them was a supercharger and a 25 shot. he says they blow more than, well you know. the other replaces mass air flow sensors like its his job. he actually just doesnt even plug it in anymore.

sure they have some problems, but your friend isn't that smart, if he's replacing MAFs like crazy something is wrong, and he should just buy an aftermarket one.

A blown VR6 is fast, no question. Any N/A car that is made into a FI is gonna have more wear and tear than a stock car.

it wil make a difference, not enough to beat you though.

Plus that 2 liter engine is garbage.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 7 2004, 11:47 AM
it wil make a difference, not enough to beat you though.

Plus that 2 liter engine is garbage.
[post=427608]Quoted post[/post]​

the 2.0 is a very slow engine stock, but even a few basic bolts will give him more power than you might think

because our engines are so well designed it takes alot to make good power, the 2.0 is severely choked, let it breathe properly and you will be surprized

I raced my buddies VR6 a few times in my GS-R, its like a 98 or 97 or some shit, but we both had like 3 heads in the car, I think had i launched better i wold have got him but each time he would have his nose just barley infront of me. Im thinking because of the TQ he got me though because of all the extra wait we were dragging around, though he did win, with just an intake, and more then once it wasint that impresive. And even though he won i know he was scaredabout loosing lol but so was i seeing as how it really was just a good race, GS-R vs VR6

I think i can get him.

My dad's 97 VR6 Jetta seems very slow compared to my b16 CRX.....but its stock. I really don't like it all that much, the clutch is hydro (read shitty, and you can't find the friction point) and the shifter sucks ass, you have to pull it back like 4 feet to go from gear to gear.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Dec 13 2004, 01:27 PM
My dad's 97 VR6 Jetta seems very slow compared to my b16 CRX.....but its stock. I really don't like it all that much, the clutch is hydro (read shitty, and you can't find the friction point) and the shifter sucks ass, you have to pull it back like 4 feet to go from gear to gear.
[post=431353]Quoted post[/post]​

Just because a clutch is hydro doesn't mean it is shitty :p And yes the shifter does move like a mile on those cars, even with a short shifter it is still longer than a OEM Honda.

Back