gsr vs. type (again)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dj_RiiCe

hey....i have asked this soo many times and im still confused.....

I wanna do a gsr or type r motor in my 90 rex si.......im not going crazy with modifications.... ima do JRSC....cams...exhaust......and really that's it.....

I kno that the type R will produce more...but the compression is higher...and i have heard that can be a problem?? or problematic?..is this true...?

I cannot say that money isn't a problem because i am still ona budget...but ima keep this car for a while so i want to make sure i make the right choice...

Thanx ALOt

- Ex- Ricer...

Dj_RiiCe

I heard that the type r(integra b18c5) puts out a lot of power on 6lbs of boost. I think a supercharger would be perfect for this. Type Rs are supposed to be free flowing engines, so I dont think a turbo would be as good on it as a supercharger would. I would go with the type r just because you can be one of the "few" who have one, and alot of the parts on it are already pretty good.

haha jeff good to see you are finally frequenting the boards. i still think the gsr is a better choice, just because its like 2000 dollars cheaper, more money for other shit...

Back