GSR Vs Type R

What engine has more potential to build for most power.

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

Some one told me that a GSR engine has more potentil for more power then the type R. is this true or is that just his opinion.

well if they were talkin about boost then i would agree that the gsr has more potential. and i think there is more power potential for boost than NA. the type r is better for NA, the gsr is better for boost, and in terms of raw power, more power can be had in boost.....

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jun 19 2003, 08:57 PM
well if they were talkin about boost then i would agree that the gsr has more potential. and i think there is more power potential for boost than NA. the type r is better for NA, the gsr is better for boost, and in terms of raw power, more power can be had in boost.....

If you're going for RAW power then you will most likely swap out the pistons and get low-comp ones. And the Type-R has a better ported head stock than the GSR. Im assuming that we are going on a equal modification to each motor here. Why does everyone say that Type-R can only go NA. ANY ENGINE CAN BE BOOSTED, just more tuning on some than others.

Originally posted by wisemansoji@Jun 19 2003, 08:45 PM
Some one told me that a GSR engine has more potentil for more power then the type R. is this true or is that just his opinion.

who gives a fuck?

do you plan on making your car a full on race car to be run only on the track?

both motors can be built to run 11's or even better. the point is, unless you are planning
on starting your own race team to run with the pro's or keep it as a trailer queen....

who cares?

a fucking sohc can be built to run 11's (ask bisi)
its not about the horsepower, its all about the tuner.

Originally posted by TypeRcivic+Jun 19 2003, 09:51 PM-->
@Jun 19 2003, 08:57 PM

If you're going for RAW power then you will most likely swap out the pistons and get low-comp ones. And the Type-R has a better ported head stock than the GSR. Im assuming that we are going on a equal modification to each motor here. Why does everyone say that Type-R can only go NA. ANY ENGINE CAN BE BOOSTED, just more tuning on some than others.

i never said it cant be. i said ITR is better NA, and i said the GSR was better cause it has better cams for it, stock block girlde, and so on... ill say and stand by the fact that the gsr engine is better for boost (which is where you will get the most raw power) than the ITR

Originally posted by karnash@Jun 19 2003, 07:35 PM

a fucking sohc can be built to run 11's (ask bisi)
its not about the horsepower, its all about the tuner.

:werd: :withstupid: This man is going for a mid to high 13 second sohc motor soonenough, and yeah it will probably keep up to any swapped civic for the same amount of cash or less.

ITR motors have an OEM block guard.

i think its more intelligent to start with a GSR block though, simply for these reasons...

while both can sustain high boost levels with good tuning, a friend of mine boosted 12+ psi and made 330+whp on stock compression with a gsr setup. the gsr cams are better for turbo but i'd say thats where it ends. the b16a/ITR head does flow better...

although i'd say its stupid to compare the two...take whichever setup you have and built it appropriately..as neither setup was designed by honda to have boost.

Back