1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSR water pump vs LS water pump

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by projectxspeed, May 22, 2004.

1. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

Is there a difference between the two water pumps, and if so will the gsr pump fit in my LS?
  2. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

Yes, and yes. I am not sure about second gen integra gsr pumps, but the gsr/itr water pumps are designed not to cavitae the water at high rpms. That being said, gsr will pump less water than an ls water pump at identical rpms. Regrading fitment, it will bolt on, however I am not sure if they have the same amount of teeth on the gears. Somebody chime in and help out.
  3. turboB20hatch

turboB20hatch Senior Member

i hope so because i paid the extra $$ to put in typeR oil & water pumps onto my b20b.
  4. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

anyone know for sure on this???
  5. typesiracing

typesiracing Senior Member

the vtec water pump must be used with a vtec timing belt and a ls water pump must be used with a nonvtec timing belt......the water pumps have different amount of teeth....don't quote me but i believe it is 19 teeth on the nonvtec and 22 on the vtec.