GSR - Wiring Harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MXDesa

I'm in the process of swapping my d15b7 out of my 92 hatch and replacing it with a OBD1 B18C1. At the moment my car is automatic. I will also be switching over to a manual trans. Will the current engine harness that i have (automatic tranny) work with my new engine?? :unsure: (Manual Tranny) :blink: Thanks for ur help guys

yup-
it will work fine. if anything, the auto is over-wired compared to the manual. but you still need to do some adding of wires for the gsr.
see our swap section/5th gen

Will the starter wires on a automatic wiring harness also work with a manual transmission starter because in some cases i have heard that they are two different starters?

you must have alot invested in your car allready in which case I can understand that you would do the auto to manual conversion. but it seems like you could save yourself alot of headaches by finding a manual car to start with. pick up a manual hatch that is allready wired for vtec and kill two birds with one stone.

sorry I can't help as far as the starters go, but the other wiring would work fine. there would just be a bunch of extra wires in the ecu not being used because they are for auto stuff.

good luck

Back