1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSR - Wiring Harness

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by MXDesa, Jul 16, 2003.

1. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

I'm in the process of swapping my d15b7 out of my 92 hatch and replacing it with a OBD1 B18C1. At the moment my car is automatic. I will also be switching over to a manual trans. Will the current engine harness that i have (automatic tranny) work with my new engine?? :unsure: (Manual Tranny) :blink: Thanks for ur help guys

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yup-
    it will work fine. if anything, the auto is over-wired compared to the manual. but you still need to do some adding of wires for the gsr.
    see our swap section/5th gen

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

4. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

Will the starter wires on a automatic wiring harness also work with a manual transmission starter because in some cases i have heard that they are two different starters?

5. seanjuan

seanjuan Senior Member

you must have alot invested in your car allready in which case I can understand that you would do the auto to manual conversion. but it seems like you could save yourself alot of headaches by finding a manual car to start with. pick up a manual hatch that is allready wired for vtec and kill two birds with one stone.

sorry I can't help as far as the starters go, but the other wiring would work fine. there would just be a bunch of extra wires in the ecu not being used because they are for auto stuff.

good luck

6. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

Thanks for your input guys, if anyone else knows more about this, please let me know. THanks :thumbsup:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted