GSR YS1 or LS YS1?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

assman

How Can one tell the differance between the two trannies if theyre already in the car.. i know the GSR YS1 has a shorter gear ratio, so say its on a b16 around what RPM would a GSR YS1 be at XX MPH as oppose to a LS YS1 at the same XX mph on the same gear?

lol yeah now i need a new clutch and yeah i wanna figure it out as well.. im just wondering if theres a way i could find info on which tranny it is by just reading the lil plate on it, it says YS1 and buncha other numbers but yea.. i wanna know which YS1 it is...

With the LS YS1 you should be at about 35mph at 7500 RPM in First gear.

Oh the articles here on hondaswap I believe there is an article on tranny combinations that say at what speed the car should be at a given gear...its here in this webpage...just look for it in articles...good luck

i checked the articles in there and they seem to be off. now my car in 5th gear at 90 mph is almost exactly 4k rpms. if thats true then my 5th gear is longer then both of them, and im using the ys1 tranny, and ive always thought it was the gsr ys1 and now im confused. and now looks like i have the ls tranny :(

Back