gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shaun

I have a gsr motor swap but I only have a enough money for a clutch masters stage four clutch or should I get a D.C. Sport header? Which would be better on a stock gsr with only a intake and exhaust? Also which one would make me faster stock stank?

if i was choosing between those two then defenitly the header, what good is a stage 4 clutch on a stock gsr, all it would do is wear down and be hard to drive on the street. stage 4 is meant for like 300+ hp...you don't have that with a stock gsr.

Are you saying it doesn't matter what clutch it is , the header would be better, or should I get a different clutch?

:withstupid:

and i wouldnt get a stage 4 clutch at all for street use

MAYBE stage 2 for near stock and everyday use.

i would go for the header, cause you can gain some good power with the IHE once you have all 3.

is the exhaust a cat-back or a full header back???

go for the header....you can get better headers then DC....look around for like Headertech or something like that....they show the biggest gains on the dyno

when doing a swap I would always replace the clutch, it would suck if the clutch was shit after installing everyting, you can always replace the header yourself but teh clutch labor is more time intensive.

I would put a new clutch and flywheel in at this point. You can run the oem gsr header for the time being.

yea when i did my swap I put in the clutch..I thought I put it in backwards and pulled the whole engine back out. It's a pain in the ass, if you haven't already done the swap get a stage 1 or 2 exedy clutch. If you already installed it and your planning on turbo soon dont buy a header either, save your money for the turbo manifold.

A clutch is a definite must in a gsr swap. I would go with a stage 3 clutchmasters. I have experiance with several clutch companies and recomend them over neone. Also the stage 2 is only a stock clutch with longer life. the stage 1 has more holding power than the stage1. And the stage 4 is just overkill for what you have. Also headertech makes an excellent header but unless you have $600 buck to spend on that and have a vafc to tune for it i wouldnt recommend that as a first step. Headertech headers are very fuel thirsty.

stage 3?? i still think thats to much for a daily. Id say get a Heavy Duty plate with a Street/Strip disc from ACT. It wont fade after one launch like the stock one but it will still be pretty easy to drive around town.

I would definately go with the clutch. then get a header when you get the money. Clutches are just as important if not more important thatn 10-15 hp. Good clean shifts can get you to the finish line just as fast as a header with a shitty clutch.
I however would get the centerforce dual friction. Ever since i got this clutch broken in i have been in love with it. Awesome grabbing power but still really nice for everyday driving. B)

Originally posted by highperboi@Dec 4 2003, 10:26 PM
stage 3?? i still think thats to much for a daily. Id say get a Heavy Duty plate with a Street/Strip disc from ACT. It wont fade after one launch like the stock one but it will still be pretty easy to drive around town.

actually the pressure plate is what makes it harder to drive, not the clutch disk. The ACT plate you are talking about takes much more effort to push in and out the the stock plate, thats what sucks in traffic. The CM stage three has nearly a stock clutch pressure and the disc can handle much more power. It's what i use evryday. My friend has the act clutch you are speaking of in his 5th gen prelude with type-s swap. The pedal is stiff as shit. Just my .02

dude,
ebay, exedy clutch, $125.00
i had one installed and it is a very good, cheap aftermarket clutch.
if you arn't running boost, and arn't planning on running all motor 200+hp(eaiser said than done) than the exedy will be perfect.

stage 3 is good for high power n/a, for the larger motors ie. h22, b20, f22, etc. for a gsr a stage 2 would work. ever drove a car with a stage 4? gets annoying. i would go for headers.

i really dont understand how a clutch work. for example, so if i use a stage 3 clutch without its pressure plate and just use the stock one, would the clutch still grib hard and be easy on the pedal?? just something i was thinking about for a long time.

Thats how it works, but I wouldnt use a stock pressure plate, get an exedy stage 1 PP and stage 2 disc. Believe me after you do a swap or at least put the clutch in, you'll know how it works.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 19 2003, 07:35 AM
Thats how it works, but I wouldnt use a stock pressure plate, get an exedy stage 1 PP and stage 2 disc. Believe me after you do a swap or at least put the clutch in, you'll know how it works.

y not use a stock presser plate?? i like how it feels, but will it break down or something?

stock plate will work but clamping force wouldn't be as great.

Back