Guage cluster issue....???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jbdakid

I have a 92 CX with an obd2 B18b engine. I bought an SI guage cluster because it has a tach and I've read on many many forums that this should be plug and play. When I start the car with my new cluster, the RPMs show 3500. The engine is definitely not sitting at 3500. Then the temp guage starts off at the half way mark. So I'm getting a false reading on my tach and temp guages. I'm not sure if this a wiring issue, or what?

Any help is appreciated.

What year Si is the cluster from? If it's 99'-00' it's not plug and play. The 92'-95' Si cluster is though.

Yeah it's from 92-95 which I was hoping was plug in play but it's giving me those bad tach readings?

I don't know then, as far as I know 92'-95' just plugs right in. Is it a bad cluster? Do you know if it was working before you got it? If it did work properly before you got it, you're going to have to wait for a more knowledgeable person to respond to the thread. Because like I said I am under the impression that it should work.

Easiest way to test it is to throw it in another EG, if it's faulty, it will be faulty there too.

Thanks guys, it turns out that the person I bought from must have removed the needles and put them back on wrong. It works now. Thanks.

Thanks guys, it turns out that the person I bought from must have removed the needles and put them back on wrong. It works now. Thanks.

Back