Guess what, another MPFI question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tmacie

I searched but didnt come up with much.

Just completed wiring for my MPFI swap. The car will fire but either die right out or idle very low until it does die. The ecu is throwing a IAT code (10) but nothing else. There is a guy on H-T that has the exact same problem so It probably something I just forgot to do, but I cant figure it out. I tried another ECU, same results. plug wires are in the correct firing order....Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Travis

Originally posted by racintweek@Feb 15 2005, 11:25 AM
Intake
Air
Temp

make sure you have the correct wiring plugged into it or if it is even plugged in
[post=461093]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry....I forgot to say that I knew what it meant, and that it is plugged in. The wiring should be correct. That wouldnt make th car not run though, right?

Travis

Originally posted by racintweek@Feb 15 2005, 12:56 PM
the IAT is a parts of the fueling system, you could be flooding the cyl or not giving enough fuel
[post=461160]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok I'll try to solve that issue tonight. Any thoughts if the IAT sensor from the dpfi man will fit to the mpfi mani?

Thanks,
Travis

I am using the one from my STD mani on my LS and am havng no problems

just a shot in the dark, did you switch the outer wires onthe TPS connector?

Originally posted by racintweek@Feb 15 2005, 01:14 PM
I am using the one from my STD mani on my LS and am havng no problems

just a shot in the dark, did you switch the outer wires onthe TPS connector?
[post=461192]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok I'll swap the sensors. The manifold has been sitting for a while, but the car it was on was running when it was parked. I did swap the wires on the TPS, I double checked that :). I am going to double check the distributor timing as well, I'm pretty sure its right, but it may be 180 out for some reason.

Thanks for the help,
Travis

Originally posted by racintweek@Feb 15 2005, 05:06 PM
it is nearly impossible to have your dizzy backwards, the cut in th eend of the cam is offset to prevent this
[post=461306]Quoted post[/post]​

I just found this out.....I thought that was the case, now I know. I also solved my problem. IAT and ECAV plugs were swapped. I know better than to go by plug color...I dont know what came over me to be that stupid. A visit with a DMM showed the problem right away.

Thanks for your help,
Travis

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 16 2005, 08:24 AM
Yea color code it for us simple peoples
[post=461628]Quoted post[/post]​

You got it. I always look the the more complicated problem...usually its the simple ones that will get ya. I knew it couldn't be that bad, I mean I pretty much know what I'm doing and did follow instructions.....how hard could it be??? LOL

Travis

Originally posted by tmacie+Feb 17 2005, 10:56 AM-->
projectxspeed
@Feb 16 2005, 08:24 AM
Yea color code it for us simple peoples
[post=461628]Quoted post[/post]​

You got it. I always look the the more complicated problem...usually its the simple ones that will get ya. I knew it couldn't be that bad, I mean I pretty much know what I'm doing and did follow instructions.....how hard could it be??? LOL

Travis
[post=462124]Quoted post[/post]​

easy mistake...
it took me a month on my first dpfi to mpfi before i realized i needed to swap the tps wires...lol..it was funny as hell the car ran great until WOT then it would die..i wont ever do that one again :unsure:

shit happens, when i did mine i forgot about the groung on th et-stat housing and it took me a few hours to figure it out

Back