Guitar hero 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

Is it just me or does the scaled down controller make this game a bitchload harder?

My fret hand starts spazzing and I can't hit the damn blue notes fast enough.

[joking>

I would think that when you play the skin flute you're used to playing with a 'scaled down controller' [/joking?>

Zing!

scaled down controller? i played one of my sisters friends and she only had the regular ps2 controller and she was good. it's easy because you only have to hit one button instead of the fret and strum together.

I have the x360 one. They make you hit the fret and strum together. It can get tricky.

And what I mean is, the controller is considerably smaller than a real guitar.

So for the 360 you have to hit the button on the neck and strum the thingee at the same time? You cant like... hold the fret then strum as it comes?

I'm horrible at Guitar Hero, simply because I'm so used to hand-foot coordination, and I generally suck at playing a real guitar. I also never sat down with the game to learn.A few of my friends are pretty nasty at it though. Think Jessica on Expert - while looking away at some parts. YYZ is a bitch as well.

i <3 guitar hero.

wicked awesome @ expert mode :)

All I can say is Misirlou can suck my balls. I've tried a thousand ways to find the right rhythm for strumming and I still can't get 5 stars.

Oh well, at least it's the only one I haven't 5 starred on expert (besides the lame extras).

real guitar > games

:)

whats sad, is that you can by a guitar for less than the game + controller, and have like eleventy billion more notes :)

It's pretty tough. I love it to death though.

My roomie plays everything at like expert and gets 5 stars.... all day long.

We got guitar hero 2 last week (skipped 1), been jammin on it. Bought an extra guitar and then realized you cant carreer and co-op at the same time. That sucks.

But, I've beat it on medium so far. Hard still kicks my butt, but hey, I'm only a week into it :p

It's fun for a little but certain things that bug me.
1) I have heard both Avenged Sevenfold and Nirvana come on at a party and chicks go, "OMG!! This is the GH2 song!!.....No I don't know who sings it."
2) My friends play it for far too long (even though they are nasty) and I get extremely bored.
3) I can't play it fucked up. Where as if I smoke and drink I can jam on my real guitar all night.

You can play guitar fucked up because you dont have a game telling you "No..No damnit...No, you suck!" There's no feedback.

And I guess for the price of a Ps2, the game, and 2 controllers you might get a guitar used that's worth playing - but the game is still fun (yes, I too also play real guitar - sadly though)

Back