gutted interior

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
as of now i have no interior whatsoever, i pulled it so i could scrape out all that sound deadening shit. i've seen some cars that only have a driver's seat, and have no backseat, door panels, trim, etc.

does this really make that big of a difference?

less weight = better power to weight ratio = faster

whats the question ????

i realize its less weight, but is it reall that much more weight?

weigh it all

add it up

make the choice

no one part is going to make the difference .... its when you add up a little here and a little there that it makes a big difference

the rule is 0.10 seconds for every 100 lbs of static weight removed from the car

Yah it does make a difference! My friend did that to his teg an dropped his quarter mile time by three tenths of a second!!! Your passenger and spare tire weigh the most!! Usually 30 to 60 pounds!! Weight reduction can play a key role!!

Now for another example:

I raced my cousin at the track the other night. He has a 1999 Civic ex with stage two clutch and flywheel, and I have a 1995 stock civic dx. Who wins? My cousin right? Wrong!!!! He ran a 16.81 and I ran a 16.62!!!! :huh: My civic had at least 25 less hp right!! The only reason why he lost is b/c his car weighs 500 pounds more than my car!!! Either that or he just doesn't know how to drive!!! But we ran the track three more times and still the same result!!!

Lets not forget also about driver error into the equation.

But, to answer your Q, it helps. I think every little weight when going NA helps. My interior was totally gutted except for the componenets under my dash (which do weigh some"

All you really need is one "lightweight" seat, dash, door panels pretty much, the seat belts I took out also except for mine,,derr...but I never drove anyone in my car.

Milan

ya i removed the ac and went so far as to rip out the dash and pull the condenser housing and the little blue button

my car is completely gutted, and i love it, alot more noticeable on the freeway, when my LS lacks HP, although a CRX is supposed to be lightweight, the Si is NOT, so much plastic and shit to take out, i weighed it when i took it to the dump, all the big pieces came in at a huge, 194lbs. carpets, sound stuff, plastic, everything accept for passenger seat, which i take out when racing. so with seat out thats around 250 lbs less. or .25 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile. that is well worth the effort.

my friend has a 4-dr 90 integra. unneccessary stuff like ac, ps, and windshield fluid resevoir are gone and everything behind the front seats is gone, excluding the speakers and breaklines, but that is it. He went from a consistent 16.4 best to a consistent 15.75 best. It pulls so much harder than before.

yea..i felt a big difference when i removed my spare tire, jack, tools, cargo covers, hatch rug and passenger seat from my crx. i sometimes put the passenger seat back in cause i just miss it...but the thing weighs about 45 lb.s and i can feel the difference when i take it out. all that other stuff has to weigh at least 50lbs. maybe even 60.

Originally posted by SLA@Sep 6 2003, 04:11 AM
Yah it does make a difference! My friend did that to his teg an dropped his quarter mile time by three tenths of a second!!! Your passenger and spare tire weigh the most!! Usually 30 to 60 pounds!! Weight reduction can play a key role!!

;) o so im just a friend to you and it was 2 and a half tenths biotch

Back