gutted my 91 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

y0iTsDEENOSE

ok so i gutted my hatch... panels n everything n the floors.. i plan to put in my own carpet and just make the floor look nice and fabricate something to cover all the lil holes and stuff.. i was just wondering if anyone else here has gutted their ef and done reupholstering without the back seats and body panels... cuz i was just gonna buy like a big ol roll of carpet material and then cut it to fit the back all the way to the trunk and put holes wherever needed... maybe you guys still have an old picture?? :)

pics...

P4280017.jpg

P4280016.jpg

P4280015.jpg

P4280014.jpg

P4280013.jpg

man o man... looks like i gotta lot o cleaning to DO!! :ph34r:

I wouldn't attempt to re-upholster all of that. It'll be ugly, such is the case with gutted vehicles.

But, you forgot to yank out the sound deadening material. Thats another 20 pounds. You have to freeze it with dry ice and chip it up. Do that, and swap your seats for corbeau clubmans, and you will save another 70 pounds.

The best thing to do is to clean the crap out of the inside. It'll shine up like new with enough elbow grease, after all, that paint has never seen the sun or any rain.

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 2 2005, 07:09 AM
I wouldn't attempt to re-upholster all of that. It'll be ugly, such is the case with gutted vehicles.

But, you forgot to yank out the sound deadening material. Thats another 20 pounds. You have to freeze it with dry ice and chip it up. Do that, and swap your seats for corbeau clubmans, and you will save another 70 pounds.

The best thing to do is to clean the crap out of the inside. It'll shine up like new with enough elbow grease, after all, that paint has never seen the sun or any rain.
[post=548721]Quoted post[/post]​

there is no way to get the iside to look good without shooting a new coat of paint. also remove the seat belts and go with aftermarket for a couple extra pounds.

That is so stupid.....why gutt the fu*k out of your car..Now the shit is going to be ugly and slow.... :p

Nahh...dont it look sexy..? Mines the same way....LOVE IT..... :lol:

with my exhaust cut.. "the sound deadening" material is about the only thing thats keeping me from being COMPLETELY paranoid.. reason is with that exhaust so loud, it attracts so much attention.. attention from cops... and driving without a insurance, registration or license.. makes me nervous enough :)

but i sure am gonna clean that puppy inside out.. and since all that deadening material seems like its all rotting and cracked.. could i just reapply more of that material?? is it cheap??

haha sorry.. im still learning.. so please excuse my naive questions but what can i do?? its my first time workin on a car and im learning day by day.. anywhoo.. heres some more progress...

PINE SOL + ELBOW GREASE= SO FRESH AND SO CLEAN CLEAN :)

P4300002.jpg

well not quite there 100% but progress is progress :)

scrubbing your car from the outside in temperatues of 80-90 degress= SUNBURN :(

P4300003.jpg

Back