H-Series or B-Series in 90-93 Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delslow

I am doing some research on motor swapping for 90-93 Accords and I was wondering which one of this series fit easier and cost the least. I really not that familiar with the Accord but interest on getting one for hella cheap.

Well, the most common swap for a 90-93 Accord is the H-series. Here's a list of motors that can fit into 90-93 Accord.

H-Series List:

1. H22a1 ( year 92'-96' Prelude ) / OBD1 - Price: $1,900 to $2,500
( Highly Recommended )

2. H22a2 ( year 96'-01' Prelude ) / OBD2 - Price: $2,200 to $2,800

3. H22a - Type S ( year 97' + Prelude ) / OBD2 - Price: $3,000 to $3,699

4. H23a ( year 96' + Prelude ) / OBD2 - Price: $2,500 to $3,000

F-Series List:

1. F20b ( Accord Euro-R ) / OBD2 - Price: $3,000 - $+

Well, prices on the motors can vary from distributor to distributor. Usually, H22a1 can run you $1,900 to $2,500 with or without shipping. That should come with a longblock, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, transmission, axles, shift-linkage, and ECU. LSD is extra. Newer the motor, the more it will cost you. Here are some online distributors: Hmotorsonline.com, Totaljdm.com, JHPUSA.com, and Noyanusa.com.

As for B-Series motors, they can not be swap into 90-93 Accord. If they could, it would be quite diffcult and costly. But, anything is possible if you have mad money to throw around.

Also, I think 90-93 Accord is an OBD0. So, you may need to a get an ECU jumper to convert your OBD0 to an OBD1.

Hopefully I was helpful to your research.

Note: Don't hold to the prices, but those are some of prices I've seen when I did my research on a motor for my car. Also, some of the information I have provide may not be accurate. Please don't haste to correct me.

well i know for sure the 92 is a obd1. because i have one and did the h22a1 swap on it. now there was a discussion on the about which 90-93 accord was obd0 or obd1. but i dont know if it ever got resolved

Originally posted by dave_255@Dec 25 2004, 05:22 PM
well i know for sure the 92 is a obd1. because i have one and did the h22a1 swap on it. now there was a discussion on the about which 90-93 accord was obd0 or obd1. but i dont know if it ever got resolved
[post=437165]Quoted post[/post]​

I have two 92 Accords, and they are OBD 1.

b series lacks sufficient torque to get the accord going well enough...

h and f series swaps are the easiest and most cost effective as they bolt right in with little modification...

the h23 from preludes is a cheap non vtec choice if you have little money but NEED a swap...
the H22 is by far the best choice... it came stock in accords in japan so its a natural fit...

go with the OBD2 H22, it should have lower mileage, and you'll just need an OBD1 distributor and the P13 ecu... and the OBD2 version is usually the same cast as the OBD1...

the type S is a waste of money for 20 extra horses... its a slightly higher comp ratio with port and polish on the head from the factory...
always nice for bragging rights though
same goes for the H23 vtec, i have never seen one, but they are said to exist in japan...

you can use any H or F series trans... but if you have the money get the H22 trans, as thats the best gearing to keep your accord in vtec between shifts...

if you're really low on money you can look into getting the 160 hp f series motor, or the 160 hp h23... but you should hold off, save up, and get the H22...
you'll love it...

and you may want to upgrade your brakes cause the accord is a heavy slut to slow down, or at least get quality brakes... brembo blanks should hold up well without warping...

The Type S also has more aggressive cams and a hand-ported intake manifold. That's about all it has on theregular H22A though, aside from the fact that you could get an LSD tranny with it.

Dont forget the F22B from the JDM 92-96 Preludes.

B Series simply dont work.

Originally posted by tab+Dec 27 2004, 03:12 PM-->
@Dec 25 2004, 05:22 PM
well i know for sure the 92 is a obd1. because i have one and did the h22a1 swap on it.  now there was a discussion on the about  which 90-93 accord was obd0 or obd1. but i dont know if it ever got resolved
[post=437165]Quoted post[/post]​

I have two 92 Accords, and they are OBD 1.
[post=437860]Quoted post[/post]​

:concur: :concur:

very true statement

Hey thanks for all the information, now I need for the dude that selling the accord to call me back to see about the car.

Also check out JDMsource.ca super fast service, the guy works quick, and he gives you a good deal.

Back