H22 Accord NEED help!!! Desperate!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importtuner13

96 Accord H22 Please help! Deperate! Hi, I just yesterday finished doing an H22 swap into my 96 accord EX. I have searched EVERYWHERE and could not find any definite answers.

the H22 is a JDM H22a from a 97-01.

The good news.....It runs...sort of.

The bad news:

1. The check engine light is on.
2. It takes a lot to start, (starter turns over for a long time) and will sputter and stall until it is warmed up. if you tap the gas it sometimes will rev after a few seconds, sometimes it will stall.
3. After warm up it will run and stay, but it seems like it fumbles (holds back) a bit when i really get on it.

I am using the accord injector wiring and the accord fuel injectors (aftermarket venom ones)

I am running an obd1 ecu (p72) with the obd2-1 conversion harness. If i put the obd2 accord computer in it still throws a CEL.
Any suggestions?
Also, on off topic, if i get a prelude SH header will it bolt up to the accord cat? i've done some research on this but no definite answers. saw on one site it says that the prelude sh comes with an adaptor, any input on this?

are you getting good compression? it sounds like you dont have compression. check that then check your timeing and make sure you are getting good spark and fuel.

compression is fine. turns out two of the connectors were crossed (coolant temp and Vtec oil pressure switch sensors). switched them and the coolant temp code went away. Still have the Vtec oil pressure switch problem now. definetly can tell the vtec is not engaging. it starts up easier though. so where do i go from here?

for all who are interested...the answer was it was a JDM motor and they do not have a vtec oil pressure switch. i am using a P72 ecu which is looking for a pressure switch, so i had to switch some wires on the ecu adapter harness. its an easy fix you can google it. this also helped with the start. don't use the accord fuel injectors they can cause problems. this is all figured i'd let you know incase anyone came by a similar issue.

Back