1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22 and accord bracket?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by hondamatt, Jan 3, 2011.

1. hondamatt

hondamatt New Member

96 accord doing jdm h22 swap l read swap guides and says to use 97+ ps and bracket which l have but my alternator bracket off accord is hitting ps bracket when bolting up what should l do? could l grind down alt bracket some to fit

2. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

I wouldn't see why it would hurt. But i would try finding the right bracket, that way the one you grind on won't be weak..

3. hondamatt

hondamatt New Member

well that is the right bracket it came off my accord and all guide say l can use all brackets off accord cept ps which l got right one it calls for

4. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

Well if it doesn't affect the bracket and won't weaken it then try it out. worst thing you would have to do is go to a junkyard and get another..

5. pjschmitt

pjschmitt New Member

No solution or final outcome?

6. bighavic

bighavic New Member

Weird. I have the same setup with a H23 Blue top and I used my stock 96 accord power steering pump, hose and bracket with the Blue top alternator and bracket. I just rewired the alternator plug and works find. Sometimes you have to think out the box instead of reading those swap articles. They have great info but some it could be out thinked!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted