h22 and accord bracket?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondamatt

96 accord doing jdm h22 swap l read swap guides and says to use 97+ ps and bracket which l have but my alternator bracket off accord is hitting ps bracket when bolting up what should l do? could l grind down alt bracket some to fit

I wouldn't see why it would hurt. But i would try finding the right bracket, that way the one you grind on won't be weak..

well that is the right bracket it came off my accord and all guide say l can use all brackets off accord cept ps which l got right one it calls for

Well if it doesn't affect the bracket and won't weaken it then try it out. worst thing you would have to do is go to a junkyard and get another..

Weird. I have the same setup with a H23 Blue top and I used my stock 96 accord power steering pump, hose and bracket with the Blue top alternator and bracket. I just rewired the alternator plug and works find. Sometimes you have to think out the box instead of reading those swap articles. They have great info but some it could be out thinked!

Back