H22 And Auto Tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jaelee99

Hi guys.....I have a 97 Accord LX, and I'm planning to swap my motor(of course h22a). but I want to keep my auto tranny because I bought that for $1700.00 last year. should I keep that? or, should I get a 5speed tranny that comes with the motor??? HELP!! ;)

It all depends on your financial situation, and what your goals are for your car's future. If you have pure performance in mind, go with the stick. The F22 Automatic is going to be your least desirable transmission for performance. It might last a while, but it's not as strong as the H22 auto. Plus, it's longer geared, which doesn't help your hole shot. If you want a stick and plan to boost, F22 stick is fine. If no boost, H22 stick is better. You really just have to decide on what you want out of the car, then ask again. I have the H22A automatic setup. It was cheaper, and it works, but that doesn't make it ideal. Good luck. ;)

yea im gonna have to give you a thumbs down on the f series auto, it's going to be slow as piss man. if you have extra cash, get the h22a auto tranny, if you look around you can actually find them for really cheap. check out Car-part.com they have something more than likely.

Back