h22 at the track

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bluenutz5

i have a h22a in my integra i have my vtec set at 4300 and i am using a p13... and i was woundering if any other h22 owners could let in on some shifting teqniques for the track... wat should i shift at? wat should i launch at? and if my vtec is fine? first time at the track coming up and i would like some help... thanks

You should shift at the best point possible for your setup. I mean, if you are holding a gear but losing power, then you should shift. On the same token, if you are shifting too early, and then don't have good power coming into the next gear, then that's wrong too.

Your car is lighter, and your VTEC point is really low. I don't know how good your exhaust is, nor have I driven your car. You know better than any of us where to shift. I take my car right up to redline, since my exhaust allows me to make power right up to the fuel cutoff, and I need to shift high to keep VTEC engaged coming into the next gear.

Launching is going to be your key. Feathering the clutch, feeling how much power you can apply to the tires, and where you start your revs at are also going to go by feel.

Your car is lighter, and your VTEC point is really low. I don't know how good your exhaust is, nor have I driven your car. You know better than any of us where to shift. I take my car right up to redline, since my exhaust allows me to make power right up to the fuel cutoff, and I need to shift high to keep VTEC engaged coming into the next gear.

:werd:
why is vtec set so low? normal switchover is 5200 or 5500??
shift right before the rev limiter hits so you can grab the next gear without falling out of vtec...

i have a vafc II and i set it that low is that bad? and second gear cuts off at 6700 but all the other gears run up to 7200 wich is my redline....and i dont really know wat fethering the clutch is?

Your redline shouldn't move around. I can't explain that.

VTEC usually engages at 5000 rpms for me, stock.

Feathering the clutch at the launch, means adjusting how much you let your clutch out and how quickly. In some cars, you can just drop the clutch, in others, you may get more power out of the engine by spinning it higher, and let the clutch out slightly slower to keep from roasting the tires. Smoke shows are cool, but won't help your 60' time.

I may drive an automatic, but I have owned manuals for years, and learned to drive on a manual from my german mother. I learned to drive autobahn style from the very first. I also grew up on the freeway, so getting up to speed is important.

Back