H22 Complete Install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

patrickwantsahatch

I need someone with experience in an engine swap,I am dropping a h22a in my 1992 civic hatchback.Can someone list everything that will have to be changed and bought and the prices for what i need.
thankyou
Patrick

By the way do you guys know if i can keep my air conditioning and power steering with the motor swap,if so how hard would it be to do?
tks
patrick

If you need axles, click the link in my sig, Mardi will let you know exactly what you need.

:blink:

I'm putting an h22 in my 94 ex coupe. And the shit is a bitch as far as getting the parts. I'm still piecing the fucker together. Make sure you buy the helms factory manuels for your year car and the year engine you are putting in. And also get the electrical manuels. That's if you're doing it yourself. I'm doing everything myself and I've already spent over 3,000 for just parts. The main thing is the wiring. And you'll need the preludes computer(OBD1) if you can't get a GSR. Everyone says use the engine harness from the civic, but after studying the wiring diagrams and seeing that all the ECU pins are almost in the same position I'm going to use the prelude harness and match up the connectors that will connect to the main harness on the civic. But to do that I have to relocate all the prelude pins which really isn't hard if you can get a paper clip or the tip an electrical test light and lift the tabs cause the metal pins snap in. My ex was a V-tec so the only reason I'm trying to preserve that harness is because the engine from my car is still good.

And besides all the easy mechanical shit you'll need like axles, engine, transmission, and shift linkages. If you want a/c you'll have to buy a bracket from HCP. I"m like fuck power steering for now. You'll need a radiator. Now that's pricey in it's self cause you can go with either a del sol, or a gsr radiator either way you'll have to get a flex-a-lite slim fan so you won't hit the transmission. Now the flex-a-lite fan costs I think 175 for a fuckin fan then the radiators new are like 135 and up. Me I'm going with the C & R radiator that comes with a fan cause I plan on going turbo once I get the sucker in. Then you'll need to buy two different types of radiator hoes. Oh did I mention Hasport engine mounts? We're almost done. Now if you go with using your civic harness just call it a day go on ebay and buy an JDM internal coil distributor for the prelude. Make sure you have the resistor for the injectors too. Uhmmm what else there are some other issues I just can't remember right now hope this helps. Oh springs get a new suspension and while your at it bigger brakes. I like to drive fast and so will you.

Back