H22 DA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pendulum

I'm interested in building an H22 DA Integra, and keeping my A/C and PS. With the HCP mounts, is this possible? Also, with the H2B plate, can I use the stock trans? I've heard the B-Series transmissions are very strong. Will I be able to run Integra axles with the Prelude intermediate shafts, or will I need custom axles? I'm trying to do this swap on a $7k budget, including bolt-ons. If someone can point me to a good wrtie-up of an H22 in a DA, please do so.

Thanks.

wiring is going to be hell
H22's only came OBD 1+
DA tegs are OBD-0.
I know the wiring gets to be a pain on OBD 1 civics and such so I can only imagine what it would be on a DA.

I think that 7K budget is going to be difficult. I spent almost 2K on a B16 swap just fixing random stuff and such.

1500 for motor, shift linkage(mine was trashed) and shipping
50 bucks water pump
40 bucks timing belt
60 bucks timing belt tensioner
motor mount inserts=30 bucks
shifter bushings=10 bucks
random wire, connectors(vtec wiring, o2 sensor extension, etc)= 20 bucks
JB weld to fix transmission case(crack)= 5 bucks
header flange= 12 bucks
pipe for extension of cat=11 bucks
oil, filter=15 bucks
Honda MTF=17 bucks(robbery)
plugs, wires=30 bucks
total so far is
1800 even
plus labor of my guy who welds=50 bucks
and thats just for a B series swap
I didnt need axles, shift cables, mounts, and misc wiring, and also clutch hydraulics(our cars are cable operated clutchs, whereas H22's are hydraulic
idk theres a lot of work you have to do.
IMO go with a B Series, you already have the mounts, wiring is simple, add VTEC and get a PR3 or PW0 ECU get exhaust cut to length and your good.

Quoted post[/post]]
wiring is going to be hell
H22's only came OBD 1+
DA tegs are OBD-0.
I know the wiring gets to be a pain on OBD 1 civics and such so I can only imagine what it would be on a DA.

I think that 7K budget is going to be difficult. I spent almost 2K on a B16 swap just fixing random stuff and such.

1500 for motor, shift linkage(mine was trashed) and shipping
50 bucks water pump
40 bucks timing belt
60 bucks timing belt tensioner
motor mount inserts=30 bucks
shifter bushings=10 bucks
random wire, connectors(vtec wiring, o2 sensor extension, etc)= 20 bucks
JB weld to fix transmission case(crack)= 5 bucks
header flange= 12 bucks
pipe for extension of cat=11 bucks
oil, filter=15 bucks
Honda MTF=17 bucks(robbery)
plugs, wires=30 bucks
total so far is
1800 even
plus labor of my guy who welds=50 bucks
and thats just for a B series swap
I didnt need axles, shift cables, mounts, and misc wiring, and also clutch hydraulics(our cars are cable operated clutchs, whereas H22's are hydraulic
idk theres a lot of work you have to do.
IMO go with a B Series, you already have the mounts, wiring is simple, add VTEC and get a PR3 or PW0 ECU get exhaust cut to length and your good.

dont listen to him, you can do an h22 swap for 7g easily. wiring is easy with a jumper harness.
i almost done mine in a crx.
check out this site
www.explictspeed360.com
he has a kit for your car.

again cycloneb18c3 is wrong, DA's were OBD0 90-91 and OBD1 92-93.

wow dude, $7k into a DA. i like the idea, but DA's dont' hold shit for value. i would personally suggest an obd-0 b16 and turbo it. you could build a killer motor on that budget and it would be the easiest of easy swaps. but good luck on your h22 if you go that route.

DO it!

The wireing is not that big a deal (92-93 DA's are already OBD 1). The hard part is the mounts...I dont know of any available at this time (i could be wrong) so they will need to be custom. I know there are some h to B trans adapets, but Im not sure if they are for sale or custom...
I personally would love to see this!
I am holding my breath for a k series mount kit for the DA :cool:
GL! And depending on how much work / fab you can do yourself $7000 should get you a looooong way, if not done.
H and B parts are pretty cheap these days. and a decent DA can be found for @ $1500 (Or less) I sold my rust free 91 DA without a swap for $320.00!
Hank

Back