H22/ Del S0l

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jhonda

.....can i put an h22 in a 94 del sol ..will it fit i dont want to do any cutting or welding just a swap its between the three b16 b18 h22 i want to pick the right one for my car its not going to be all out drag car i just want a motor that kicks ass....im sick of my d16zslow...im not raggin on d16's but com on theirs got to be more power ...

H22 into a del sol is not reccommended, you will need to fabricate shit to make the mounts fit into the engine bay. Yes, it's bad-ass, but not worth it in my opinion. You should be happy with the B16 with some minor mods.

what do you plan to use the car for ?

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Jun 21 2003, 11:22 PM
H22 into a del sol is not reccommended, you will need to fabricate shit to make the mounts fit into the engine bay. Yes, it's bad-ass, but not worth it in my opinion. You should be happy with the B16 with some minor mods.

just buy the mounts, its relatively simple except for having to re-do the suspension/upgrade it. my friend who is completely new to the swap thing, had an extra lude engine laying around from one of his cars and decided to drop the h22 in his car. he's an amateur but everything went well and the car is sick

If your in to drag racing, do it. The H22 is a bad ass engine and great for drag.

If your into autoX, roadracing, or turning, go with a b series.

It's been done, plenty of times. If done right it can be rewarding. For draggin I guess the h22a is best if you don't want to open the motor up internally. If you plan to rebuild and beef up the inside then I would really go with a resleeved B. The b series have more aftermarket support, they weigh less, and is literally a direct drop in. Plus it is the more natural motor for the car since they actaully came from the factory with B series motors and not H's.

Milan

How much would a mount kit cost? and u said somthing about suspension upgrades? ...and could i just drop a b18 in like the b16 i know the 95on del sols came with b16 and my friends gs teg has a b18 but it doesnt impress me very much would the b16 in my del sol be faster than his b18 (non vtec) ?

not to mention Halfshafts, dont forget them, I mean seriously, Civic Halfshafts withstanding an H22..... no. Plus the motor will align a lil differently with the half shafts so they will be prone to break, go with a b18 block, b16 head. less trouble and just as bad.

Back