h22 in 94 ex accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

driver1

ok i know i have to switch pins a6 and a12 at the ecu and i have to run a wire for a knock sensor but my question is do i need to run the wire all the way into the interior of my car or is there one in the harness that isnt used or something that i can tap into.... also is there any other necessary wiring issues that need to be done other thasn these? thanx

I ran mine all the way in, because there was a open spot on the harness entering the ecu. You also have to wire the VTEC, unless you already had it. You might have to run a power wire into your distributor, if it is internal like mine was. You need another switch for your cooling fan added, or wire into the other switch. American models had two switches, and Japanese models had one. You must also lengthen a bunch of wires. I tossed the egr that came with my H22A, and replaced it with my 92 LX one, which didn't require wiring. B)

Yes, you need to run the knock sensor wire all the way into your car to the ECU.

He won't need to wire VTEC, since he has an EX.

He's already internal coil, and if he got a JDM H22, it's plug-n-play for the distributor.

I don't think he need another switch for the cooling fan, he just need to plug the correct wiring harness plug into the one ECT switch.

Correct on the lengthening of the wires.

thanx i appreciate it and buy the way can i get a prelude cruise control cable and have the cruise work right by only changing the cable and i am gonna run msd with an external coil cap conversion so i dont beleiev i will have to run any power wire correct?

He won't need to wire VTEC, since he has an EX.

He's already internal coil, and if he got a JDM H22, it's plug-n-play for the distributor.

I don't think he need another switch for the cooling fan, he just need to plug the correct wiring harness plug into the one ECT switch.

Learning all the time, but I try to help....I don't know as much about all the differen't makes/models as dohcvtec_accord, just what I've learned in my own experience. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

hey changing pins a6 and a12 on the ecu is for what sensors exactly because i know i have to run a wire for the knock sensor and the vacuum box that goeson the bottom side of the intake manifold so what wires are for what and what goes where?

ok so where in the ecu do i run the knock sensor wire and the wires for the vacuum box that bolts to the bottom of the intake manifold i forget the correct term my bad thanx

Knock sensor goes to D3.

I'm not sure which vacuum box you're talking about. Do you mean for the IAB? If so, check out http://www.h22a.org, I forgot exactly where it gets wired to.

is anyone with this swap running a map sensor as well? or did you just leave it unplugged???please let me know

for the intake air bypass solienoid, it has two wires i beleive one goes to a17 and is the other one a ground?? where does the other wire go?

a ground can go to any metal part of your car that has not been insulated from your battery. Grab a test light, put one end to the positive side of your battery, and touch where you are thinking of connecting your ground. The light should come on, if not, try another spot.....

Back