h22 in to 91 crx hf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondamanhf

i was wondering if it was possiball to put a h22 in my 1991 honda crx hf. if so how much do you think it would cost

It can be done. But it adds so much extra weight sometimes its not worth it. A good b series engine be more worth the budget and drivability.

Originally posted by cheese9988@Aug 26 2004, 05:04 PM
It can be done. But it adds so much extra weight sometimes its not worth it. A good b series engine be more worth the budget and drivability.
[post=382401]Quoted post[/post]​

k20 baby!!!! :lol:

just drop an ls in there, and call it good, that'll give you plenty of power for cheap.

if youre asking this question you cant do it.

Actually you can drop an h22 into a CRX, my buddy did it... but, it does cost a lot of money and you could drop a b18 in there for cheaper and you would also have extra money that you didnt spend on your h22 towards buying a turbo or something along those lines.

My best friend and I both have EF hatches, and he has an H23 in it. He did the harness himself with a few hours of wiring diagrams, and welded his own mounts. The Prelude motor is about 200 lbs heavier than STD, so ya it affects handling, but do some suspension work and maybe add a role cage in the back to even it out a bit, the added extra weight isnt gonna matter with 200 hp to the wheels.

check out the arch rival website, honda-tech. com, couple guys there have designed, an adapter plate where you can mount a B-Series tranny, to an
H-Series block, then u use hasport B-series mount kit, dont have to convert to cable shifting, use shift linkage, dont have to chop frame, almost straight bolt in, and from what they've said 100 times better gearing with B series tranny, save 8lbs on swap, and i've talked to mechanics at my work and i guess adapter plates are old news, so it seems to make sense, and also it looks like a few people are picking these up so wait for there feedback first then make the call, thats what im waiting on right now, seems to make sense, hope this helps, maybe i confused u
too

Back