H22 into 1999 Accord Sedan?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

F23AccordLX

I have a 99 Accord Sedan w/ the SOHC VTEC and a 5-speed. I want to do an H22 swap this summer but i am very "anal" about anything that has to do with my car and i was wondering if i can get an H22 out of the same year Prelude as my Accord, if i would need to splice the harness or solder it in any way. I DO NOT want to cut or solder my harness. If i do have to splice though, does anyone make a harness that would work?

A prelude motor of the same year should work fine. The Accord harness would need to be modified to fit the H22.

If you do not want to chop it, you'd need to find someone to build one from scratch, or buy a spare to chop. It's not that drastic.

:werd: Theres no way around having to modify your engine harness. You will be running new wire, splicing and lengthening some wires, etc. Its very very easy and you have to just follow the directions, but that harness you have will have to be modified, period. It would be kind of pointless to buy another harness, just to waste the time to remove yours, and put that one on, then just modify it the same way anyway. There is really little to no risk if you check wire colors, know how to solder/couple wires well, and have plenty of electrical tape.

Back