H22 into 3rd gen Prelude 2.0S

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prelude2004

I was wondering if I could put an H22A into a Prelude 2.0S. I know that this car is carbureted, but is it possible to convert this car to fuel injection for the H22A? Thanks.

To, my knowledge, no one makes a mount kit for that engine to go in that prelude. It can be done, but it would take EXTENSIVE modifications to the car. You would have to custom fabricate everything. Buy something else if you are into doing a motor swap.

can anyone confirm this information?? I know IVE never seen a mount kit for this gen.

plus, honestly the h22 is way overrated IMO. Last time I was at the track there was two ek hatches, one h22 powered the other b18c powered. They both had similar mods, and the b18c hung right with it. The guy with the h22 told me that hes had hella problems snapping axles and crap, and if he could do it over again, he would save himself some cash and a headache and go b series.

If you do pick up a civic or something and plan to do a motor swap, I would say b series is the way to go. If you are really stuck on the h22, then buy a 92-96 prelude with one in it already, or get a 4th or 5th gen accord and swap it.

umm yea... place racing makes a mount kit for the h22 into the 3rd gens it includes axles, wiring harness, mounts, etc. so yea look into it. what year is your car?.. that would help. the kit is made for 90-91 preludes i believe...

hope this helps

If the kit fits a 90-91, I'm almost positive that it would fit 88-89's, also. I guess I'll find out when I put mine in. Crap, nevermind, I'm makin' my own mounts! Screw paying $750 for those things!!! Either way, I can't imagine those 4 years being any different then the other.

One thing is for sure, they DON'T make mounts for any other B series. 160 hp on a civic/crx/del sol may be some sweetness, but not for a 2700 lb car.

Originally posted by kango@Aug 20 2003, 12:21 AM
If the kit fits a 90-91, I'm almost positive that it would fit 88-89's, also. I guess I'll find out when I put mine in. Crap, nevermind, I'm makin' my own mounts! Screw paying $750 for those things!!! Either way, I can't imagine those 4 years being any different then the other.

One thing is for sure, they DON'T make mounts for any other B series. 160 hp on a civic/crx/del sol may be some sweetness, but not for a 2700 lb car.

Yah i knew they didnt make b series mounts(well for the b series we all are so familiar with). I'm just curious, why would you bother to take all the work and money to put that motor in a 2700lb car, when you can buy something much lighter and spend way less money? I mean, do you really like your car enough to do something like this??

i personally like my car 1990 prelude 2.0 si, b20a, I/E .. its stylish, and not like every other civic or accord out there. im not bashing, but thats my reasoning. It can be a unique car.

I got rid of the flip up head lights and put lights in the bumper... not screwed onto the bumper, in the bumper.

And the 3rd gen preludes look sweet rollin on 17, sitting low to the ground.

If thats not reason enough, then its not worth your time and money to invest into it.

With enough effort and time it can be customized. There are not very many bolt-oons for this car, which make it all the more challenging to mod. Whats the fun if you can just go down to the auto store and buy a CAI or if you can just get those tight ass altezzas like everyone else.. :puke:

but yea.. thats another thing that sets them apart. You actually have to like the car in order for it to turn out the way you want.

You are right, my man, this prelude is not like everyone else's car. One of the things i look for in a car is that it's not something everyone else has. So yes ted, i do want to spend that money on that car, 'cause its different.

also, how did you put the lights in the bumper? what lights did you use?

my car already had a place reserved for OEM fog lights. Instead i went to the Autp store and found some driving lights that were a little smaller than the space provided. Back at home, i took off the bumper, and used a pieces of metal to make a mounting suface for the lights. then i just installed them, ran the wires, and used a dremel to make the right size holes in the bumper.. it took me about 5 hours to complete, and it looks totally stock, except for hieght.

My stock lights are still fully operational. Ill take more pics and put 'em up tonight.

The car looks cool at night now :p

this was my post
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...wtopic=3440&hl=

Back