h22 into a 1990 hatch looking for answers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91hatchlover

hey guys im brand new to the sight and want to swap a h22a4 into my 1990 hatch i havnt done a whole lot of swaps and im woundering about shift linkage wireing mounts and well i guess prety much everything lol all tips and help would be appreciated

personnaly dnt get the a4 get a jdm h22a ... you can get a complete changeover kit from hmotosonline for 2400
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30017
alll you need after that is a mount kit (depends wat your prefence) the hasport kit cost 600 ,,, the inovative kit cost 400,,, imo i go hasport better qualtiy and free upgrades on urethan
then u can buy used axles or pick up a hasport axles kit for ef h series for 400

if your doing yourself your looking at 3400-3600 then from the hmotoronline complete changeover kit your gonna have parts left over if you sell u make 100-300 dollars back (it bring stock motor mounts stock axles altenator)
would not take to a shop becuase there only 2 thing that have 2 be welded (one mount and shifter box) good thing bout hasport mount is that it bolt up to where the battery tray goes then you spot weld around it... and it not that much ..... if you can do a b swap in a ef you can do a h swap in an ef

right now i doing a jdm h22a swap in my rhd ef hatch

you should look more into a b series swap.
decent power,
lighter,
wont hurt the cornering abilities of the car, i have heard from people that the weight of the h series swap kills cornering.
and most of all, the b series swap is easier, cheaper, and parts to swap it are easier to come by.
dont cheap out and buy ebay brand stuff though, learned that the hard way on my first swap.

kewl thanks guys i just bought the car i was giveing two h22a4s like a month ago but i wouldnt mind tradeing them for a b series swap.. the car needs to be rewired the harness is hacked plus its not an si so i was thinking about buying a full si harness indash and motor does anyone know where i could find a full si harness?

hm. good luck with that. look in junkyards, ebay, and keep an eye out in the for sale section for part outs.
but, do not underestimate how much of a pain in the ass doing one of those harnesses is.

sell the h22 blocks, and it will help cover the cost of the b series swap.

wat state u in i trying sell me b swap i let it go cheap
i got my obd1 b16a3 up for sale i know i wont get any where close to wat i put into so dont say my prices are high
it a b16a3 short block with
a brand new micropolish crank for a jdm b16a paid 700 to delaer then paid more to get it micropolished by a machine shop
piston and rods are from a jdm b16a - brand new
new piston rings new bearings new main bearing
the block was honed out before rebuild
new b16a oil pump
new water pump
new sensors
new high performance head gasket
new clutch stage 1 exedy
jdm b16 head
skunk2 pro series satge 2 cam gears
alll arp hardware
new timing belt
new tensioner
lightwieght flywheel 7.5 pounds
NGK high performance sparkplug cables
blox high performance TPS sensor
all new gasket everywhere 500 hp rating on all
everything only has 1k miles the break in process
the reason i am selling is i need money to buy my next project car RHD ef9 woop woop
also will include
ecu
wiring harness
looking to get aroung 1700 obo

if i get my asking price i throw in a ls cable tranny no grinds or nothing for $100
also for 500 more i throw
ef b sereis mount
ef b shift linkage
ef b series alxes
ef gsr front disc conversion
da t brakcet

S4301484-1.jpg

skunk2 pro cam gears
S4301505.jpg

gotta find my camera get more pics

If you want fun and power stick with your H22. Explicitspeedperformance.net has everything you need to get it mounted and relocate the alternator, use your clutch cable, and they have traction bars that come with the kit. It is a pain in the ass to fit, and you need to weld the tranny mount, but with their kit, a H22 will fit without hood issues. Dont listen to anyone who says that a H22 will afftect handling, b/c it weighs about 60lbs more than a b and with a decent suspension setup you can minimize any problems, or just kick your buddy out of the car. I have done this swap with a H23 vtec, out of a euro accord, and i have yet to find an N/A b that could keep up, even ls/vtec's cant keep up. Be different, keep your H, if you need help or advice email me importlove@hotmail.com

Back