h22 into a DA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fakthepolice

anyone done this swap? I really want to but i went on a few motor mount sites and couldnt find the mounts. also what parts are needed for the swap.

dont swap an H22, its a Pig and they have lots o problems.

i would recommend anyother B-series swap, B16A, B16B, B17, B18A, B18B, B18C1, B18C5

if youve noticed the H22 is pitched backwards, this is a bad thing to use when swapping because it puts a whole pile of weight infront of the axels, which will help turn your half-shafts into quarter-shafts really quick.

any Bseries is a direct bolt in, since the DA already comes with a Bseries motor.

if you have a 90-91 teg, then i would recommend either an LS/T if you have the money, or a B16 for V-tacky.

if you have a 92-93 i would highly recommend a B18C1 or C5. or build a B20 Vtec

b16 isnt much improvement over the b18a. yea it has more hp, but it has less torque, which I sort of miss. I want to step up and maybe get a b18c1 or a b18c5. And if you do do a b16 swap dont use the stock ls tranny. its a pos.
I made the mistake(to blow my jdm lsd tranny to pieces, and have no money left over, so luckly I saved my ls tranny and didnt sell it or anything, and had to install it.)
and it still isnt a good tranny for turbo either, you still have gears that take forever to get through.

Ive got an lsvtec in it and i want to go turbo with out having to change to much or having to much down time on a rebuild.

ls/vtec turbo is nice setup. my friend has a civic hatch with ls/vtec turbo, and he has all stock bottom end, and puts down 306 at the wheels(7lbs). Theres a movie of it somewhere online on the dyno.

Back