H22 into an EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importjdmcivic

Its the NUGE!
Ok...I feel really stupid for asking what im about to ask, because i SHOULD know. But i don't. I looked around but i couldn't find exactly what i needed. Ive got a 95 Civic and my motor died and im getting a new engine. I know a B series would be wayyy easier but im stubborn and want an H22. Im going to order one online prolly from jdmonline or someone. But the real question i have is...what exactly do i need to finish the swap. It comes with motor, tranny, half shaft, ecu, blah blah blah....Im trying to think of what else i need and the only things i can think of are.....new mounts, shift linkage, axles and hubs. Am i correct in what im thinking?

Sounds like you got it right to me. But you wont need new hubs once you get the aftermarket axles for your setup. Besides the parts there will be some wiring to do im sure, but your on the right path!!

I would recommend the hasport mount kit and their axles to fit the h22 into your ride. They make good stuff!! ;)

I recommend you replacing the front suspension, due to more weight of the engine. your stock struts will support the weight, but the car will be slammed.

Thanks everyone but i just went with a d15 vtec instead....easier...cheaper...good enough for now.

Back