H22 into civic EG swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H-Ridah

Hi,

I read a lotta threads on the H22 swap but some things are still unclear to me. I put a list together of parts I’ll need for my swap into my EG Civic. I’m not sure about some of the parts so here goes:

1.Prelude Front Clip (Can get it for like $ 1800)

2.Front and Rear GSR Brakes
Will the GSR brakes work with my stock civic lines or will I need the whole brake “system”?

3.GSR Fuel pump/Prelude Fuel pump
I thought of the GSR fuel pump. Will this work with the H22? Does the Prelude Pump fit in my civic?

4.H Series Rear Engine Bracket

5.H Series a/c Bracket

6.Hasport Engine Mounts
Will GSR mounts work or do I really need aftermarket mounts?

7.Hasport Axels/GSR Axels
I’m not sure if the stick GSR axels will hold up well enough.

8.GSR Gauge Cluster/Sir gauge Cluster
Or will the prelude cluster fit?

9. Manual to automatic Transmission Bracket (my car is automatic)

10.Prelude or GSR Pedal Assembly

I want to buy a brand new clutch and flywheel for the swap. But I’m not sure if I have to buy them for the lude or the civic. Can someone clear this up for me?. I assume the
Prelude ones.

How much can I lower the car for a good clearing?. Cause I heard that with the H22 it will scrape the ground if the car is too low

Sorry for so many questions.
Thanks

3. Just get a Walbro 255lph fuel pump. It will work perfectly for whatever you plan on doing.

6. You will need aftermarket mounts. B-series mounts won't work on an H-series engine.

Correct on the clutch/flywheel.

I'd say maybe an inch- inch and a half. Make sure you get stiffer springs for the front so you wont bottom out so easy.

Thanks for the advice dude. Any suggestions on springs?
And how do I recognize stiffness when buying springs?

Back