H22 Into EG HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aznracer305

I just bought a rear ended 95 prelude. Im planning on take out the motor and swap it into my civic eg. What are some of the stuff that i will need to make this swap successful and what can i use from the prelude that might help?

Thank you
Tony

Quoted post[/post]]
I just bought a rear ended 95 prelude. Im planning on take out the motor and swap it into my civic eg. What are some of the stuff that i will need to make this swap successful and what can i use from the prelude that might help?

Thank you
Tony
You are going to need the ECU from the the car because it plugs up to your eg and the resistor box for the injector so your car will start. Now you need to buy some motor mounts and axles. if it was my car i would do it right, so I would buy it all from Hasport if you buy cheap one you WILL run in to problem it will put u behind for a couple of days. And your wiring harness you use your civic the only thing you got to do is extend some wires. The h22 motor have EGR so you going have to wire that to your ECU and one more thing V-Tec unless you got vx si or ex EG you do not have to wire it. If you dont run vtec wire to ecu and im am goin to give you the pin out for Vtec and ecu. Im am going to go to the shop and look for the pin out ill will post it for you. So if I forgot some thing ill will post it with the ecu pinout.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Thank you
Tony
You are going to need the ECU from the the car because it plugs up to your eg and the resistor box for the injector so your car will start. Now you need to buy some motor mounts and axles. if it was my car i would do it right, so I would buy it all from Hasport if you buy cheap one you WILL run in to problem it will put u behind for a couple of days. And your wiring harness you use your civic the only thing you got to do is extend some wires. The h22 motor have EGR so you going have to wire that to your ECU and one more thing V-Tec unless you got vx si or ex EG you do not have to wire it. If you dont run vtec wire to ecu and im am goin to give you the pin out for Vtec and ecu. Im am going to go to the shop and look for the pin out ill will post it for you. So if I forgot some thing ill will post it with the ecu pinout.
Nice to see your first post is a helping post. :)
Yea as he said:
Axles (h22 inners with GSR outers)
p13 Ecu from the car
Hasport or HCP motor mounts, used both, both are good.
Shiftlinkage
-no idea for wiring, we sent ours out for $250-
You have to cut a hole in the floor near the shifter to pass the shifter cables thru. [be careful with that]
We had to cut a inch piece off from the upper tranny mount to allow the gears to be shifted.
Exhaust doesn't bolt up.

What i would do....

Keep axles to sell or modify.
Hasport Mounts.
If you sell the axles do not buy a set of aftermarket ones that only advertise 200hp
Intermediate Shaft. (should be a no brainer what you never know)
Keep the wiring harness. (To sell)
Do not butcher the prelude harness as you can sell it for more than it would cost you to find a d series harness for spare plugs.
You of course need the alternator distributer and all other ancillary equipment.
Resistor Box as stated above.
ECU as stated above.

To be honest i woud keep the lude and part shit out off of it and sell it or use it untill your hatch is running.
I would sell the p13 buy a p28 get hondata and get a tune =) Make an EGR blockoff plate, remove the secondary runners from your intake manifold. If it is warm where you live perform the coolant bypass on your throttle body and make some good power. Most of all buy a good header. Nothing less than a DC, and i wouldnt even get one of those. Save money and spend it right! And then go out and run mid 13s all day on street tires =)

Back