H22 Into EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenPower86

All of my friends are calling me crazy for wanting to put an H22 into my civic, i think itll be crazy fast but i want to know how fast it really is, any input is welcome

I would also like any information on the h22 swap that has to do with getting the tranny mounted and functional

how'd yours work out delsol? im doin mine this upcoming week. 97 H22 + 60 Shot Zex. mmm. fully stripped EG except for dash n seats.

how come a b16 jdm will run a 14 something but an h22 can barely run a 13? torque doesn't matter? the added hp doesn't matter? matter as in matter much.

again, i go back to my constant argument- NickQ ran a 13.6 on a stock GSR motor in a stripped EG hatch- a stripped h22a hatch should be able to better that time slightly with a similarly skilled driver- although the power gained in the new motor does come at the cost of some extra weight

I just finished that swap and it is crazy fast. Traction is a problem!!! I am running mine friday at the track it is only an 1/8th mile track but I will post my times on street tires and slicks and spraying 75.

my friend ran a 92 civic hatch stripped with h22 swap bone stock, ran a 12.9 on slicks.

thats what i had heard about. about a 12.9 in a 98hatch full interior I/H/E H22 12.9 on slicks. this should be fun atleast. hehe. ima end up with an 11sec CX or better when i'm done. or i'm buildin somethin else
glad i have a spair CX. lol. good times. now i'm all stoked. i should have it done by may 8th i hope. i'll post times on here. yay!

USDM H22
Rechipped vtec @ 4800 and Rev @ 8500
I/H/E
no cat
60 shot Dry
stripped of interior aside from dash and 2 seats.
hondata style! w00t. we shall see soon. :D

engine%201.jpg

engine%202.jpg

engine%203.jpg

engine%204.jpg

how much should a h22 swap into a ek coupe cost?

as in, drop the car off, shell out the money and come back to pick it up a few weeks later?

that all depends on wether your getting upgraded suspension and brakes, if you want a slim fan.
engine: $~2200
mounts:$600
labor:~$600
slim fan :$100
add in suspension and brakes etc]

should only take a couple of days, atleast thats all it took for my mechanic to do mine

we're doin mine in 3 days. i think i might have a spair set of mounts from HCP.

http://www.jdmshit.com/hcp/EGfitment/index.html

thats the link, but i have a spair set of mounts for like 200+ shipping. same mounts im using. hows the h22sol? you run it yet? i wanna know what everyone does! omg, its all i've been able to think about. lol. all my stuff should be here this week, then installed by the end of next. :-D gator axel time. hatches should have come with h22's as an option, ya know, so honda could compete with SS's and WS6's and Cobras, without having to cost almost $90k. tag "NSX THIS"

Back