H22 Into My 91 Civic Hatch Dx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uriba69

ok.....recently i've been thinkin about swappin an h22 into my 91 civic hatch...now i know it would be a tight fit and there would be some customizing and shit like that...but i'm hearing a lot of problems with the engine in this car...like ground clearancing, suspension, and stuff like that....i know that the suspension can be corrected, but the ground clearance..that's a new one for me....i'd like someone to inform me on why this swap is so bad for this type of car because i'm startin to get confused

the h22 is huge. it barely fits in a 5th gen, let a lone a 4th gen. you have to to do a lot of banging.... and frnakly, i dont even think there is a mount kit out for this yet.

there is a mount kit, place racing makes a weld in kit. And a lot of the guys who put these in make their own mounts. and you have to cut some of your engine bay. it being a bad swap is just a matter of opinion. And as far as ground clearance, what is the issue.. the header?? cuz if its the header you can get different headers (ie, hotshot) which is made for a h22 in a civic.

Back