h22 issues please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikegeezy

ok i started the h22 today and heres what happenedthe car started fine then it was idleing normal. I rev it up to 3000 rpm and let it come back down and everything was fine so i let it idle for about 15 mins make sure it diddnt overheat or ne thing and it diddnt. so then i get back in and rev it up to 4000 then as soon as i hit 4000 rpm the check engine light came on so i let off the gas and as soon as i do it sounds like shit backfireing all the way down to 1000 rpm i turn the car off and start it again but the check engine light wasnt on ne more it idled fine again so i rev it up to 4000 rpm and check engine ligt comes one and then when i let off the gas it dies now i try to start it and it starts then dies the only way to keep it running is to hold the gas down as soon as i let off the gas it dies there is no check engine light on. it only comes on when i hit 4000 rpm now the first time the check engine light came on i jumped the service connector while the car was running and it would blink 4 times then nothing 4 times then nothing so on so on so i look up in the book and it says code four is crank position sensor is that what is causing my probs? why does the check engine light come on only at 4000 rpm? please help me figure this bastart out thank you guys.

check for vacuum leaks. odds are it is either that or an o2 sensor. if you did a swap, you should check the timing. do you have a catylitic convertor? it will backfire if you don't have one.

Quoted post[/post]]
check for vacuum leaks. odds are it is either that or an o2 sensor. if you did a swap, you should check the timing. do you have a catylitic convertor? it will backfire if you don't have one.

hey guys i finally got all my drama figured out i had the ckp and the tach signall wires mixed up at the distributor and the iacv wire came out of the ecu plug but its all fixed now took for drive and love it. got some questions though i drove it for about 30 mins really soft and hard on the throttle and got no check engine light for the egr or the iab do you think something is wrong? and will my stock ek radiator do the job cuz it seems to run a little on the hot side?

Back