H22 mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accordguy

Quick question guys about to buy some OEM Honda prelude engine mounts from a 94 lude for my h22 swap in to my 95 accord ex. I don’t want to use my stock accord mounts. I’m going to buy the hasport drivers side mount. Here is my question though can I use the rest of the engine mounts except the driver side from the 94 prelude without modifying them are they a direct fit just like my accord mounts. Because someone told me I can not use none of prelude engine mounts except for the driver side unless I grind it. I need to know if i can use the other mounts for sure as a matter of fact this was his response to an ad i posted on another forum looking for the mounts.

yo all u need is the h22 side mount and u have to cut it a little bit to make it fit, but will go right in, u need to use ur stock accord trans bracket and ur stock accord back mount and stock accord trans mount and everything will go right in =]

y0 you IDIOT!! Stop being a moron & do some research!!! People like you make me sick....j/k :p Hey Bobby, take a look at this. Got this from H-T in a sticky.

"Attach the Accord half shaft at this point. If the engine has a Prelude half shaft remove it and use the Accord one. The Prelude one will not work. Remove the Front, Rear, and Driver side mounts from the Prelude engine. Place the Front, Rear, and Drivers mount from the Accord engine onto the Prelude engine. For the transmission, use the mount that corresponds to the tranny you are using"

Looks like your going to have to use your accord midshaft after all. If you want to, stop by & grab the one here if ya need it. I don't know how reliable that info is but if anyone has any solid info feel free. Also, does anyone know if the stock oem prelude mounts are in anyway stiffer or more heavy duty than the accord ones? I heard this & was curious if it was true or not.

BTW, this just hit me...didn't you buy the ultimate h22 guide or whatever awhile ago? If so dude, that book should cover all of this. Remember, don't let me see you on the hwy. 1.5 auto > j000 :ph34r:

Werd. The hasport mount is for the driver's side mount because neither your Accord, nor the Prelude nor a 90-93 mount will work there. If you ghetto fab it like I did, be prepared for alot of vibration, its really not worth it. I'll end up buying the Hasport mount anyway come Spring when its warm again.

Just for clarification, aside from the hasport driverside mount...which mounts & brackets have to be used for the h22 into 5th gen accord?

i want to swap my 94 accord lx from a f22 to h22 and would like to kno evrything i need for the swap hav gotten lots of print outs but am lookin for a good solid one that is correct 100% thanks

instead of being a d bag like the rest of the people who posted ill help you out....without the dbagness.

all of the prelude mounts will work. you will end up using the accord front mount. and to get the driver side prelude mount to fit you will just need to cut a little off to make it fit. dont go out and spend a bunch of money on the mount kits etc. you dont need them.

Werd. The hasport mount is for the driver's side mount because neither your Accord, nor the Prelude nor a 90-93 mount will work there. If you ghetto fab it like I did, be prepared for alot of vibration, its really not worth it. I'll end up buying the Hasport mount anyway come Spring when its warm again.

you cant know what you are talking about if you dont think that the prelude mount wont fit.....mine did with a little help.

FYI, this thread is over a year old. I don't think any of these people are even around anymore...

Back