h22 no start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22civicSI

hello i have a 00 civic Si and i just finished swaping in a h22. well i got all the wiring done and when i try to start it it wont start. i have spark and i have fuel. also i checked the plugs and they keep fouling out, so ill dry them and try again but they will just foul out over and over again. the only code i get is a 10. any help would be great thank you.

why do yo need a box if you are using stock injectors and you don't have an ecu programmed to run rich no need for a box unless you are going like 330cc or higher as for your code 10
10- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
85-98 86-98 97-98 85-91 93-97 95-98 85-98
IAT Sensor (Intake Air Temperature)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

so check that and replace if needed

the IAT could be saying that its retarded cold outside and dumping massive amounts of fuel... check your voltage coming from the sensor in ohms..

are you running OBD2 or OBD1? conversion harness? which ecu?

edit - and to civiclxb16
if he's conveted and running OBD1 then he needs the obd1 injectors and the resistor box for the peak and hold obd1 injectors...
if he's running obd2 then he won't need the box as stock obd2 prelude injectors are saturated and run at higher ohms...

Originally posted by h22civicSI@May 4 2005, 10:52 PM
i had it converted to OBD 1 so i need the box. also i am running a p28 ecu.
[post=495285]Quoted post[/post]​

quik check , timing light it make sure ur dead on. ran into a few of those swapping
might be a weak dizzy also. does it sound like comression

i would definitely check compression...how long has the H set up? i did an A6 swap about 2 months ago and the motor had set for a year or so and it had no compression and would not start....An old biker guy i know said to add a quart of 90 weight down the cylinders and let it sit for a day and then clean it all out. after that it popped right off(Smoked like a bitch for about 10 minutes). runs like a champ now...perfect comopression.

Back