h22 oil pan too low.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if i swap a h22 in my eg everyone knows that the oil pan will hang lower then if i was to swap a b-series engine. so is it possible to buy an oil pan that is more shallow so then the oil pan wont hang too low? because the only reason that keeping me from swapping over a h22 in my eg is that i cant slam my car due to the oil hanging to low...

Originally posted by allmotorbeasteg6@Aug 25 2004, 02:33 AM
if i swap a h22 in my eg everyone knows that the oil pan will hang lower then if i was to swap a b-series engine. so is it possible to buy an oil pan that is more shallow so then the oil pan wont hang too low? because the only reason that keeping me from swapping over a h22 in my eg is that i cant slam my car due to the oil hanging to low...
[post=381423]Quoted post[/post]​

Your downpipe is probably also too low. I doubt there's much you can do.

i hope theres something i can do because i really want to go with the accord euro type r. i want to drop my car atleast 3 in. btw, how lower does the oil pan hang comparing to b-series engines? ill try to do more research on this.

i had skunk2 touring springs(made 16s with 45wall tires sit right on the fender line)and i'm upgrading to full coilovers because of my down pipe clearence, and its only a 2.5inch dp and its hugging the oil pan, and i think i've got about2 and 1/4inches of ground clearence at the dp, and like 3 1/2 at the pan. i honestly don't suggest slamming your car with an h22, cause you'll find yourself going faster everywhere, and bumps are not very friendly on a slammed car as about everyone knows

well you can always convert to dry sump ;) but i dont know about any low profile pans for h22s.

Originally posted by allmotorbeasteg6@Aug 25 2004, 11:29 AM
i hope theres something i can do because i really want to go with the accord euro type r.
[post=381601]Quoted post[/post]​

Why do you want that engine? It's got less displacement than an H22 and costs a heck of alot more.

Edit: Unless you're talking about the H22A7 from the Accord Euro-R. While it's a good engine, it's tough to find and costs a bundle. If you want a better engine than the regular H22, why not try for a Type S?

Originally posted by allmotorbeasteg6@Aug 25 2004, 02:29 PM
i hope theres something i can do because i really want to go with the accord euro type r. i want to drop my car atleast 3 in. btw, how lower does the oil pan hang comparing to b-series engines? ill try to do more research on this.
[post=381601]Quoted post[/post]​

performance motor + ricer handeling

sounds like a percect way to fucking crash.

:withstupid:

3 inches is A LOT of drop dude- do you realize how much ground clearence you lose by doing that?

get coilovers- put in the motor, and then adjust the height until your comfortable with the ground clearence of the oil pan and downpipe

trying to change the oil pan setup to compensate for the ridiculous drop you want is like wiping before you poop

it just don't make sense

i have an h series in my sol. and the header and oil pan do sit a little below the bumper. im lowered maybe 1.75-2 inches. thats plenty

ALSO. there wont be an axle out there that can handle that kind of drop. you dont have a clue what your doin do you.

i have stage 1 hybrids by DSS. they say not to go anything lower than 2.5. raxles also says not to go below that.
to be honest. if you were at 3 inches. youd probably be sparking like a mad man. AND your suspension would be pushed to the max dropping it that much. i hope you plan on upgrading that also. even if you wouldnt drop it.

the h22a4 is the accord type r. not that hard of an engine to get. but expensive.

....what you need to do is do A LOT of research

No, the H22A4 is the engine that came in 97-01 USDM Preludes. The H22A7 is the Accord Type R engine. Otherwise, you're right on the money when talking about axle breakage on the axles. He's either got to decide on an H22 with proper suspension, or a B-series/D-series with the "slam".

yeah your right. its the h22a7. i dont know why i thought that...

handeling wise. mines pretty good. if you upgrade everything, which you should anyways if your serious about your car, its not bad. all these rumors saying cars with h series cant turn. there wrong.

the other option is get a low pro oil pan then have the dp worked around to the side of the motor not under it

Originally posted by rtpassini@Aug 26 2004, 11:21 AM
all these rumors saying cars with h series cant turn. there wrong.
[post=382176]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, we had that debate here awhile ago. Pretty much, it was some people saying "Based on what I think (reasons A, B and C), it won't turn" and others saying "I've done it, and it's not that bad if you upgrade the suspension". Bench racing sucks.

Back