H22 Or B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jmcfkya

I currently have an h22 in my garage waiting to put it into my 94 civic. Keep in mind this motor has 130,xxx miles on it. I have an opportunity to swap it for a 2000 b16a2 with a type r lsd tranny with only 17,500.......... If I trade I eventually put a b20 block with the b16 head. Which motor should I go with?? Also can i still put a jr supercharger if I make it a b20/vtec??

A crVTEC swap (b20 block with b16 head) is not that simple. It is not just throw a head on there and drive off like the mini me's swap. For this head swap, you have to build the bottom end to withstand the high revs that VTEC loves. It is by far not the easiest or cheapest swap. Look in the FAQ's and article section about these swaps (lsvtec and CRVTEC)

IMO you should trade the 130,000+ mile H22,for the 17,000 mile B16A2 with LSD,come on that is a easy one.

nah i would stay with the h22 or otherwise sell it and get another one with lower mileage because if you get the b16a2 then your talking abouty wiring a obd1 car for obd2 and thats hella work yo

Originally posted by driver1@Mar 17 2003, 03:05 AM
nah i would stay with the h22 or otherwise sell it and get another one with lower mileage because if you get the b16a2 then your talking abouty wiring a obd1 car for obd2 and thats hella work yo

How is it "hella work"?Your talking about much more overall work putting a H22 in,not to mention the 112500 more miles it has on it,and the type R tranny,give me a break the B16A2 is a much better deal.

it all comes down to opinion.. there is no wrong or right

i agree with b16vx - not only from a swap stand point, from from a money stand point.

a b16a2 goes for 2500
an ITR tranny goes for 1500

the h22 swap goes for 2600

see how you are getting a deal out of this? not to mention, i'm a b-series fan. the h-series swap is pretty hard and requires custom work.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 17 2003, 03:32 AM
i agree with b16vx - not only from a swap stand point, from from a money stand point.

a b16a2 goes for 2500
an ITR tranny goes for 1500

the h22 swap goes for 2600

see how you are getting a deal out of this? not to mention, i'm a b-series fan. the h-series swap is pretty hard and requires custom work.

Not completely true, If your going to get a b16a2 and use a itr tranny, you no longer need the SI tranny so you could just buy a b16a2 long block then get the tranny seprate. No need in wasting your money on a tranny you'll never use. This makes your math a little screwy. But I do agree, the lower millage is always better.

It is a little screwy,but if you subtract the $600-$700 you could get for the si tranny to trade up for a type R,it's still a great deal.

Hmotorsonline

But why buy a whole swap when you can get a long block for 900 + s/h Then for 1500 get the ITR tranny then you got yourself almost a complete swap for 2400 (the long block above does not include mounts, axles, ECU, or shiftlinkages)

Back