H22 Or Gsr Into A '96 Civic? Which Would Be Wiser?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sniperwolf2304

I wanna get a civic or a 'teg for my first car. I won't necessarily be strapped for cash, but i dont' have a bottomless wallet. I've been wanting to get a JDM H22A but then I thought about a GSR motor. I was wondering if any of you guys would give me an answer to my problem. The JDm motor costs like $2300 plus $300 shipping and comes with mounts and axles and harness and the rest of the good stuff. But like I said, what would be a wiser choice in the long run and also for a young tuner? Thanks a lot!

If you're thinking of getting a Teg, why not just get a GSR? then you won't have to go through the hassle of swapping an engine. Plus, an H22 into a Civic/Teg probably isn't a job for a "young tuner". You've got to have lots of knowledge, tools, and cash to make that swap work.

And to everyone else on Hondaswap: Yes, you just heard the resident H-series whore talk someone out of an H22 swap. :p :D

Thanks for the advice, but lets just say any one of us could put any engine into the civic besides the mighty Type R integra motor, what would be the next best swap, for the civic? 'Cuase integras are cool dont' get me wrong, but in ohio, especially if you live out in bfe like I do a GSR Integra isn't easy to come by.

h22 is a bitch of a swap for civics and integras. for an accord or the prelude it is a great swap since the engine bay is bigger and able to hold the size of the engine and what not. if you are looking at the gsr, just by the integra gsr the car smartest thing to do if you are already planning on getting an integra, then wanting to swap in the b18c1, also it would be cheaper. if you get the civic yes then you could swap the b18c1 or any other engine into it

there are many swaps popular for the civc the list includes:
b16a(many different cars), b18c1(gsr), b18c5(itr), b18b(ls) which later on you could do lsvtec and/or turbo it nicely

BTW, there is an article in honda tuning this month about doing a lsvtec in a 96 civic

in this import Tuner, i think the month was February of 2003, i don' tlike the mag really, but anyways, it had an LS integra on the cover. inside the guy said he put a B16 head on it and somehow fabricated a T60 turbo onto in. I'm sure he ofcourse worked on the internals, but my point is that he has 490 hp at the flywheel. So would an LS Vtec be a good route and maybe put some ITR heads and rods in in with somework done to the valve train and ITR cams and slap a Turbo on it? I know B series motors are easy swaps but i don't want a B16 in there. Sorry if anybody likes B16's. :D

Snce you live in BFE and don't have a bottomless wallet,it leads me to believe you might also have a hard time finding a machine shop that can do the ls/vtec conversion and for your price.No one here would suggest a B16 in teg,so don't worry about that.If your get a civic go with a GSR,since it seems your situation is somewhat limited,not that it is a second rate motor,quite the opposite.It is easy to get,easy to put in and gives a nice bit of power.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Mar 11 2003, 02:33 PM
yes, you just heard the resident H-series whore talk someone out of an H22 swap.

:eek: omfg.

Back