H22 Sensors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ohmstable

Anyone know where the MAP sensor and the EGR CONTROL SOLONOID VALVE is located on the H22? I've bought a JDM H22 and I think it's missing these sensors. Is the MAP sensor perhaps on the firewall somewhere and that possible why it's not attached to the engine? Also I can't find the EGR CONTROL SOLONOID VALVE, its supposed to have 2 wires (RED & WHT/YELLOW). I've found the EGR VALVE LIFT SENSOR which has 3 wires and a hose coming out of it, which is cut. I'm thinking that this hose is supposed to go to the EGR Control solenoid valve??

Any info would be great.

Uhhhh, mine has an EGR valve. Located behind and to the left of the head.

I believe the MAP sensor on the JDM cars is on the firewall, which is why I used my MAP sensor from my Accord.

I'm pretty sure I've it's an EGR valve, because it looks like one and the wires match up according to the wiring diagram.

dohcvtec_accord: There is a vacuum hose which goes from the EGR value, runs along the valve cover. Do you know where that goes? Should it go to the EGR control solenoid? Mine is just cut off, and considering I cannot find this EGR control solenoid I'm thinking it's missing.

You figure I can use the map sensor from a Civic Si for the H22? The plugs are the same.

The MAP sensor should be interchangeable, but I'd like someone else here to confirm that.

I've got to head out to my car at lunch, I'll go check and see where the vacuum line runs. I'm guessing it's to a spot on the intake mani, but I'll double-check.

Nope, I was wrong. It runs off the EGR valve, along the back of the valve cover, and into a rigid vacuum line directly to the left of the driver's shock tower. There are two hard lines there; it runs to the top one on mine ( it shouldn't matter which one).

:shrug2: i guess i should have done my swap myself :unsure: oh well. it's not hooked up i can tell you that much.

Hrm. Oh well. You probably have the sensor plugged in, but have the holes covered up so that you're not recirculating the exhaust gasses. Something I've been meaning to do for quite some time now. :)

Good call, I'll probably end up just taking the EGR shit out. Although, won't the ECU give errors if the EGR valve and solenoid are not hooked up?

You're probably not using the P13 ECU. The P13 is the JDM ecu (the one I have) which most likely is going to look for these sensors.

Back