H22 SWAP PROGRESS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tdatreefrog

Ok well I got the motor in, wired , just waiting for axles and gotta do shift linkage, but it runs. We busted out the swap in I think record time. One week of 8 hour nights. Maybe not record time but nonstop work helps.Anyway can't wait to get the axles and shift linkage hopefully no problems there and it will end up being fairly smooth sailing,,,,,,,oh except for making the engine fit in the bay,, that was not easy :( . I will keep posted.

56 hours for a H22 swap isn't what I would call record, unless you mean the record for slowest :p

It's going to take longer if you don't have all the right parts and tools. That being said with all the right parts and our tools we have the engine mounted in 45mins and out the door in 3-4 hours.

But hey, that's why we get paid the big bucks! (I wish :))

wow...took us one night to pull motor out...another to wedge the thing in there.

Congrats anyways. you won't be disapointed going h22.

wow i wish i could say my h22 was as quick as any of ur guys times...... my friend and i put my h22 in my 92 hatch and it only took us like 3or 4 short f@$%ing months cause i could never find him. he would dissapear and i couldnt get into the shop... it really sucked, but at least i got it now even though there is still one or two little things i gotta do.... i cant figure out why it shakes so much... does anyone else's hatch have this problem or are they kinda smooth... i mean i didnt expect a luxury smooth ride, but whenever it speeds up it kinda shakes.. i had an alignment but i didnt balance the tires... could that be it? or maybe the axle combo i have. i dont know

nice thread jack, but yea our h22 swaps usually were shaky, one of the hatches we had was smooth as hell, but it was our 3rd swap and we knew what we were doing a lil more.
That's the one that went to IDRC.
13.31 bone stock h22 hatch

Originally posted by VTECin5th@May 26 2005, 12:11 AM
nice thread jack, but yea our h22 swaps usually were shaky, one of the hatches we had was smooth as hell, but it was our 3rd swap and we knew what we were doing a lil more.
That's the one that went to IDRC.
13.31 bone stock h22 hatch
[post=503749]Quoted post[/post]​

ok so at least i know that it isnt just mine that has this problem but do you have any idea why ur 3rd swap was smooth as hell. anyone have any ideas or know what i can do. i mean i dont need it smooth as hell but i would like it to ride like a nice lowered 92 hatch hahahah if that makes any sense.

Back