H22 Swap Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

t3o1a3d

i was curious if a h22 g1, like the one in totaljdm.com would be a good selection for a 1998 honda civic hb dx, i was originally planning to do and b16a but read it wasnt a good idea, please help! thanks

B16 would be a better idea than an H22 from what I understand... IIRC the H22 swap is harder due to engine bay restrictions

why would swaping a b16 be a bad idea? its better than a d-series right? why not spend a lil more like dizzyroc88 said, and get a b16 or pay more and get a gsr or something along that line, also depends on how much you know about swaps, do some research then tell us what your gunna do, need any more help? let us know,

it all depends on what your intentions are with the car after the swap. if you just want to drag race and have a good budget to work with than go with the h22. its gonna cost more due to having to convert the car to a cable linjkage system for the transmission. but if you want to autocross and do stuff of that nature i woukld suggestthe b16 or if it were me id save the extra and get the b18c gsr. this is a much lighter engine and will balance otu beter for handling if u want to autocross

dude putting cable linkage in and bolting down your shifter plate is not like fabbing an AWD system for a civic... its really not that hard. You could get the linkage all set up in like 45min max. If you wanna autox get some appropriate spring rates, strut bars and sway bars. Your car will not only handle great but it will actually be quick. If you dont have the extra money for suspension go gsr. Racing costs money! how much you have decides on how quick you will be.

there's pros and cons to each and every swap.

b16s are cheap, but have no torque.
b20s are cheap, but are dead at 5500.
h22s are kinda cheap, but in the end, it will cost more than a gsr to put in, and just about every aftermarket part costs more, if it even exists. there's def. a smaller market for h22 parts
i've seen bone stock itr's own bone stock h22's time after time after time in civics. numbers aren't everyhing.

really, its what do you want out of the car, whats your budget, and how good are you at mechanics

Back