h22 swap with external coil...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex559

hi all, im doing an h22 swap into my 94 dx hatch and while looking at the car's harness and comparing it to the obd1 h22 motor...i noticed that the dizzy has eight wires as oppossed to the civic's 7 wire dizzy plug. i was just wondering if someone can help me with this...can i accomplish this swap with the external coil? or would i have to get an h22 dizzy with an internal coil? any help would be great, thanks in advance!

hi all, im doing an h22 swap into my 94 dx hatch and while looking at the car's harness and comparing it to the obd1 h22 motor...i noticed that the dizzy has eight wires as oppossed to the civic's 7 wire dizzy plug. i was just wondering if someone can help me with this...can i accomplish this swap with the external coil? or would i have to get an h22 dizzy with an internal coil? any help would be great, thanks in advance!
You can do either... you will have to make a jumper or 2 inside the harness, depending on which harness you used. I don't remember what we did exactly, but i know we made a jumper or two and got it to work.

Back